close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

WA extensions cause problems with some extensions from DMXzone

Thread began 3/13/2014 1:11 am by bross | Last modified 4/28/2014 6:44 am by info4753 | 10333 views | 52 replies |

bross

WA extensions cause problems with some extensions from DMXzone

Hi, I have been running WA and DMXzone extension for many years with sucsess, and has now ran into a conflict with upgrading an extensions form DMXzone (Pure PHP Uploade 3). I can't innstall that extension and I can't roll back to v.2 on this.
--------------------------------------
I pointed out this problem whit DMXZone and got this reply:

It turns out that the new WebAssist extensions have a bad code in them that empties the Dreamweaver temp folder on each page open so actually trashing our extension installers...

How to solve the problem:

1. Remove all WebAssist extensions
2. Go to:

for Windows:
C:\Users\<YourUserName>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CC\en_US\Configuration\Commands

for Mac:
/Users/<YourUserName>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Dreamweaver CC/en_US/Configuration/Commands

(if you have CS6 or other DW version replace the CC in the above paths with it)

Make sure that those two files are not in there:
installer_onOpen.htm
installer2_onOpen.htm

If they still exists then delete them.

After that you will be able to install the extensions from DMXzone as you are used to.
----------------------
Does this means that I can't install new extenzion from DMXzone without remove WA extensions first??????

Best regards,

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Yes, to install DMX zone updates, you need to first remove the WebAssist extensions

We have released a hot fix to eCart 6.0.5 recently to correct this conflict and will be updating the rest of our extensions very soon.

info145869

status

what is the status on this please. its pressing for many. Please advise

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Updates to Data Bridge and eCart will be released in the next couple of days to correct the problem and Design etender and free tools will follow soon.

in the mean time here is an updated copy of the Configuration/Commands/installer_onOpen.htm file that should corrcet the probelm.

copy them to the users configuration folder:

for Windows:
C:\Users\<YourUserName>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CC\en_US\Configuration\Commands

for Mac:
/Users/<YourUserName>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Dreamweaver CC/en_US/Configuration/Commands

Attached Files
installer_onOpen.htm.zip

this_is_me

still not working

Do I have to delete the installer_onOpen2.htm as well?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

yes, delete the installer_onOpen2.htm

if you install eCart 6.0.6, or Free Tools 1.0.9 this issue is fixed in those extensions.

this_is_me

Thanks Jason

It did not work but I still got DataBridge and DesignExtender installed. Do I have to remove them? BTW, I deleted Sitecache...
In the meantime I removed DesignExtender and DataBridge and got stuck at a message box telling me it will delete FreeTools and check depndencies (see attachment). But I just had re-installed Free Tools. Why would it remove itself and check trying to find shared files? Had to kill DW because of a total lock-up. This is really messy. Please advise how to proceed so my work can become productive again.

info4753

When do you we see an update for WA DataBridge and DesignExtender that fixes this problem? Thanks.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

@this_is_me: Please provide a Skype username or a US phone number and a good time to contact you when you will be in front of your computer and we will have an engineer contact you to resolve this issue over the phone.

We are available Monday - Friday from 9am - 4pm EST (except major U.S. holidays).

@info4753: I dont have a release date for the updates, I am hoping for data Bridge to be released in the next day or so, and Design Extender for next week, but cannot make any promises.

info4753

Thanks Jason.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...