close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Problems with Contact Form

Thread began 3/12/2014 3:03 pm by yianni394156 | Last modified 3/13/2014 12:52 pm by Jason Byrnes | 1568 views | 5 replies |

yianni394156

Problems with Contact Form

Hi
I m struggling to make my contact form work and wondered if you could help me.

The form has two field (one hidden) that populate from a recordset and work fine.

I have also added another e-mail field to make sure users enter their e-mail address correctly using the 'like Entry' server behaviour but that doesn’t work.

I use only the graphic captcha and unfortunately doesn’t work: a user can type anything in the box and the form is being submitted..
Please see attached the contact/thank you files..
any guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

yianni

Attached Files
contact.php
thanks.php
Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

there are a number of things i see wrong with the way this form is set up.

first, the number one rule when working with forms is to understand that all form processing _must_ happen on the forms action page.

in this case, the form tag:
<form class="Basic_Default" id="ultra_Basic_Default" name="ultra_Basic_Default" method="post" action="thanks.php">

has the action set to the thanks.php page:
action="thanks.php"

this means that any server behaviors that process the form need to be on that page.

the Universal email behavior is correctly on that page, but you have added the server validation to the form page.

The server validation must be on the action page in order for it to work

also, you mention that the captcha validation does not work, but there is no captcha validation applied.

the server validation only has one setting in it, the like entry setting for the email address.

I would suggest recreating the form using form builder, leave the action to it's default setting which will be to post to itself.

In the form builder settings, you add the like entry for the email address and the captcha to have those automatically added to the page.

after the age has been created, you can edit the UE server behavior to change the redirect so that it goes to the thank you page after sending the email.

yianni394156

That worked fine thank you very much..

How do I go about having a warning that e-mail fields do not much so the user knows why the form wasn't submitted?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

if you use server validation with the like entry, you can use the AValidation show if behavior to show an error,

yianni394156

Thank you.. I m up an running now..

yianni

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you're welcome.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...