close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

PayPal Pro UK Express Checkout Button Placement

Thread began 8/20/2009 12:06 pm by Dave Buchholz | Last modified 8/25/2009 4:59 pm by Jason Byrnes | 2506 views | 7 replies |

Dave BuchholzBeta Tester

PayPal Pro UK Express Checkout Button Placement

When using the wizard to implement a PayPal Pro checkout the Express Checkout Button is placed on the checkout.php page.

This means that potentially an order could be submitted with no information collected from the checkout form as you would validate the checkout form on confirm.php normally as that is the target of the checkout form itself, yes I know I could use client side validation but I don't trust it as it is to easy to bypass and I always validate server side.

Surely it would make sense to collect billing and delivery information before taking the client to the payment page ?

Interested to hear thoughts on this issue.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

In Express Checkout, the customer sets the billing and shipping address on the Paypal server, It is not necessary to collect this information before transferring, because if is set as part of the customers Paypal Account.

Dave BuchholzBeta Tester

Jason,

ok I can see that the shipping address should be set by the post from PayPal (in my test this did not happen for some reason which I need to debug) but the billing info on pp_confirm.php seems to rely on it being set elsewhere
e.g.

<?php
if (!session_id()) session_start();
if(($_SERVER["REQUEST_METHOD"] == "POST") && (isset($_SERVER["HTTP_REFERER"]) && strpos(urldecode($_SERVER["HTTP_REFERER"]), urldecode($_SERVER["SERVER_NAME"].$_SERVER["PHP_SELF"])) > 0) && isset($_POST)) {
$_SESSION["eCartCheckoutForm_firstname"] = "".((isset($_POST["firstname"]))?$_POST["firstname"]:"") ."";
}
?>

FWIW I still think people would be potentially confused by not having the full amount inc shipping provided to them before sending them off to a payment processor (I know it sends you back to the site but not everyone else out there would)

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this further. Please log into your support history to view and edit the ticket:
supporthistory.php

Dave BuchholzBeta Tester

I have attached the checkout and paypal files to the support ticket

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

This was a problem with using the wrong variable in the get payer profile server bahavior.

We changed it to use the $i8_merchant variable instead.

Dave BuchholzBeta Tester

Thanks for your help today Jason.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

No worries.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...