close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Paypal Advanced Issues

Thread began 2/21/2014 11:52 am by bill173836 | Last modified 2/25/2014 2:52 pm by bill173836 | 1556 views | 9 replies |

bill173836

Paypal Advanced Issues

I have several Paypal Advanced issues I need addressed.
The money is being transmitted to my Paypal account so that is good and both they payer and payee are getting receipts from Paypal.
Here are the issues.
1. I want to pull the gateway credentials from my database... I've attached the gateways.php with the coding in place for you to review.
2. A transaction takes place and an order is being created but with minimal data (no billing or shipping data is saved)
3. The save details isn't happening
I'm also sending the checkout_success.php as it appears that is where the data is being saved from. I'm also sending the checkout.php

Thanks

Attached Files
checkout.php
checkout_success.php
gateways.php
Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

1) the gateway file looks correct, but also add the bindings in the test mode information.

2) I dont understand what you mean by this, please provide more details

3) on the success page, the store order summary and store order details are using a form post trigger, they should use before page load.

we will be releasing an update to eCart later today that will address a number of issues we have found, I suggest recreating the checkout page when the eCart update is available later today.

bill173836

Statement 2 mean that when the transaction happens a payment is made to the paypal account BUT only a small amount of data is stored in the orders table ID, timestamp and a few more. The orderdetails table isn't affected at all and no data is stored.

I'll update and try again. Thanks.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

ok, let us know how it works when the update is released.

bill173836

Okay I updated to version 6.05. And tried to recreate the checkout again. The first time I did it after updating it put several errors in the code, I tried again and it didn't give me errors but things still didn't work like they should so. Figured the best approach is to address each issue as they arise. I've created the files again and replaced the form fields on the checkout page with hidden fields that get populated when the user logs in. This seems to work up to the point where you click the Continue button which loads the Billing and Shipping info correctly. But the Paypal Advanced window doesn't load in the iFrame.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I'll need to troubleshoot directly, see the private message section.

bill173836

Here ya go.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I'd like to look into this with you directly... please post your phone number in the private area and I'll give you a call. It looks like you have some customizations you have made or maybe that the wizard did that seem a bit odd to me and rather than struggling through it in the forums I'd like to discuss it with you directly over the phone to get to the bottom of it.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

bill173836

Here ya go.

bill173836

I'll be in the office on Wednesday after 11am.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...