close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

customer checkout session values

Thread began 2/19/2014 8:07 am by CraigR | Last modified 2/24/2014 12:18 pm by CraigR | 2355 views | 9 replies |

CraigRBeta Tester

customer checkout session values

Just a quickie re ecart 5 vs ecart 6
When adding the server behaviour eCart Store Summary in Database, when it came to adding the order shipping details in v5, these were provided by session values created when posting the checkout page to the confirm page, (though I can’t remember if these were created by the checkout wizard or not) .
I noticed there don’t appear to be any similar session values created in ecart 6, but as the checkout process is a a bit different, I wanted to ensure I didn’t add something which already exists

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

eCart 6 uses a new persistence architecture. so to return a value from the checkout form, use:

<?php echo WA_getSavedFormValue('FormName','ElementName'); ?>

so for example if the form is named "CheckoutWizard_NewFromBlank_Default" and you want the email address:
<?php echo WA_getSavedFormValue('CheckoutWizard_NewFromBlank_Default','Email_Address'); ?>

CraigRBeta Tester

Great, thanks Jason, I'll give it a try

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you're welcome.

CraigRBeta Tester

Works !

I added the line <?php require_once("path_to/webassist/forms/persist.php"); ?> at the top of my page

Then using the syntax you provided, updated the server behavior.

When adding a value to the column, clicking on the lightning bolt does not reveal any of the fields to bind, so they needed to be typed in manually, but it definitely works.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Yes, the code needs to be typed manually for now, i have logged a bug that there is not a way to add the code using the bindings panel, so this should be available soon.

CraigRBeta Tester

Since the release of Ecart 6.0.5 this seems to have stopped working, and the code is still not available in the binding panel

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I'll need to troubleshoot directly, see the private message section.

CraigRBeta Tester

Issue was due to 2 problems.

The payment gateway sandbox parameters were created in ecart 6.0.4 and the checkout wizard had not been re-run, so was still getting a transaction failure.

The confirm_cart.php page was checking for CheckoutWizard_submit button being posted before the WA_persistForm function was run.

I needed to check for this and the submit buttons for the other payment gateways I had added to ensure WA_persistForm was called

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

We resolved this in a connect meeting.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...