close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Level 2 overlapping Level 1?

Thread began 2/18/2014 4:55 pm by Nathon Jones Web Design | Last modified 2/20/2014 9:17 am by Jason Byrnes | 1623 views | 6 replies |

Nathon Jones Web Design

Level 2 overlapping Level 1?

For some reason our Level 2 menu options are overlapping our Level 1 menu options:
http://www.ledwarehouseuk.com/indexHOME.php

If we add a left margin of 30px to the Level 2 menu it displays nicely in the CSSMenuWriter preview pane but when viewed on the live site Level 2 disappears altogether.

EDIT: I've got Level 2 appearing now, with a 30px left margin applied but, as you'll see, the two levels are still overlapping.

Any idea what's going on?
Thank you.
NJ

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

in CSSMenuWriter/cssmw/menu.css edit the left attribute for the level 2 UL
ul#cssmw ul.level-2 {
left: 140px;
}

Nathon Jones Web Design

Can I do this through the CSS Menu Writer wizard or is this a bug and I have to hand code it?

When I hand code it, the value was 114px in there previously, to:
ul#cssmw ul.level-2 {
left: 140px;
}

...it doesn't resolve the overlapping.

NJ

Nathon Jones Web Design

Urrgh...the client has decided they don't want the sub-sub-menu so it doesn't matter for this particular site but, in general, why would this have been happening?

This also plagued my older CSS MenuWriter extension on DW8.0.2 whereby we'd end up having to cheat the level with minus figures, or margins that just didn't make sense (to us anyway).

Hoping this can be ironed out. Thank you.
NJ

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

This usually happens when you change widths of the menus, in some cases, the margins wont be properly updated.

Nathon Jones Web Design

This happened straight out of the wizard Jason.

As soon as I added a Level 2 option it was indented by, apparently, 30px. I say apparently because I added a left margin of 30px and it displayed correctly - but only in the preview screen within the CSSMenuWriter properties box. Once tested on site, the overlap remained.

Weird.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have not been able to reproduced the problem. I will keep an eye out for it though and try to find the trigger.

once we can find the use case that triggers it, we can have it corrected.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...