close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Email form not submitting. What have I done wrong this time? =D

Thread began 2/10/2014 3:52 pm by mrs | Last modified 2/12/2014 2:23 pm by Jason Byrnes | 1681 views | 9 replies |

mrs

Email form not submitting. What have I done wrong this time? =D

Each time I build a page from scratch with UE, there is always something I do wrong! Tut!!

Basically, the page I have attached has a form with spry validation and a CAPTCHA with server validation and the UE code in place… basically everything needed to validate and send the email should be in place on this page.

When I try to test the page, specifically the CAPTCHA by entering the wrong details, the page seems to just refresh itself without giving me the warning that the security code is incorrect. What have I done wrong for this to not work?

Thanks.

PS: I've just tested it with the correct security code on the live server and it didn't seem to work either! I've obviously got something very wrong...

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the code looks correct.

I'll need to troubleshoot directly, see the private message section.

mrs

See private message then… thank you.

Just a thought; have I got the code on the CAPTCHA server validation the right way around? The text box is to be like the security code isn't it! Is that how I have applied it?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

in the form tag:
<form action="mailing-list.php" enctype="text/plain" id="Mailing List" method="post" name="Mailing List">

the encoding type was set to text/plain

i removed the encoding type to fix the problem.

<form action="mailing-list.php" id="Mailing List" method="post" name="Mailing List">

mrs

Aha… I see you've responded as I was updating my previous reply.

Thanks as always Jason.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you're welcome.

mrs

Oddly, the form is now submitting, but it isn't submitting and retaining the web address… what I am getting is mailing-list-thanks.php rather than website.com/mailing-list-thanks.php. Basically, it's scrubbing the domain name and giving me a server not found error.

Why is this?

For the time being I have overcome this by adding the full web address to the UE code on the $GoToPage.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

add a forward slash to the go to address:

$GoToPage = "/pagename.php";

mrs

Oh, OK then.

That's not what normally has to happen though is it? Other sites I've done this with haven't had to have the domain name or / applied to the GoToPage… is this just one of those things that has no rhyme or reason behind it do you think?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

" is this just one of those things that has no rhyme or reason behind it do you think?"

yup, some sites don't need the slash, some do....

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...