close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

eCart6 - Nothing happened after I filled in the billing and shipping details

Thread began 2/07/2014 1:59 am by FPhu61701534 | Last modified 2/12/2014 10:46 am by Jason Byrnes | 2903 views | 14 replies |

FPhu61701534

eCart6 - Nothing happened after I filled in the billing and shipping details

I filled in the Billing Details. When I clicked the "Same as Billing" checkbox in the Shipping section, the "Order Confirmation" and "Order Summary" information at the bottom of the page disappeared.

I proceeded to click the "Continue" button at the bottom anyway. The progress icon appeared briefly but nothing happened. When I refreshed the "checkout.php" page or re-clicked the "Checkout" button at the "cart_static.php" page, I got a message: "Framework file not found: confirm_cart.php".

How to solve the problems?

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I'll need to troubleshoot directly, see the private message section.

FPhu61701534

See PM

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

a number of the files on the server have become corrupted.

try using a 3rd part program like File Zilla to upload the site files to the server to prevent the probelm.

sometimes the Dreamweaver file transfer can corrupt the files on upload.

one cause i have found for this is the Prefenreces -> code Format -> Line breaks not being set to LF (Unix) but there are other causes as well.

FPhu61701534

I uploaded all the files with Filezilla and its working.

Question:
My client wants the shopper to pay by cash. Delivery is done by his own crew (not DHL/FedEx). Therefore the credit card details would not be necessary.
(a) How do I remove the credit card details from the Order Receipt (see attached)?
(b) How to show the email address in the "Billing Address" and "Shipping Information" sections in the Order Receipt page?
(c) How to left align all the field labels and make the text box length responsive?
(d) I didn't receive any email notification from the ordering system. The smtp and port number 25 are set correctly. How to fix this issue? Which are the email php files to edit?

The site URL: http://basicliving.appmobile.mobi/basicliving/index.php

In general, do you recommend using a Mac or Windows PC for DW and WebAssist development? I have this feeling that Dreamweaver seems buggy when it operates on Mac. What do you think? If getting a Windows PC would solve the compatibility the DW and WebAssist issues, I would consider getting on.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

a) When you run the cehckout wizard, select the No Gateway option and the checkout pages will not include the credit card details

b) The success page will include code similar to this to write the first name:
<?php echo(WA_getSavedFormValue('CheckoutWizard_NewFromBlank_Default','First_Name')); ?>

you can add another php block to echo the email address:
<?php echo(WA_getSavedFormValue('CheckoutWizard_NewFromBlank_Default','Email_Address')); ?>

c) eCart does not have support for making the success page responsive., you would need to manually edit the page css to accomplish this.

d) on the success page, add the following code near the closing </body> tag:
<?php echo($_SESSION); ?>

this will write the session contents to the page, and will include the status of sending the email.

if the status says successful, you will need to contact the host to determine why the SMTP server is not relaying the email message.

FPhu61701534

See PM

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Mac or PC depends on your personal preference.

I use both, Mac for Work development and PC for personal development.

I find they both work, but prefer to use PC.

FPhu61701534

Before I contact the sales dept, may I know whether PowerStore supports cash-on-delivery payment option? Based on the issues I am facing with Databridge and eCart6 on my DW, would I likely encounter similar difficulties setting up PowerStore?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

power store supports a no gateway option, using that options it is up to you to determine how the funds are collected. there is no cash on delivery option, only the option to use a gateway to process the transaction or no gateway.

the issues you have been facing so far are issues with Dreamweaver.

Power Store is not installed through Dreamweaver it is installed directly to your account.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...