close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Https cancels out database information.

Thread began 1/27/2014 9:32 am by bill173836 | Last modified 1/29/2014 11:19 am by Jason Byrnes | 2258 views | 10 replies |

bill173836

Https cancels out database information.

I have a form that sends emails to a list in the database it also dynamically pulls the the site name and other text from the database. I had to make the site secure so I've added a Secure Certificate and use a rewrite to force the site to use https. The problem is now none of the data that was coming from the database is showing up and it's not sending to the email address in the database. It sends to the email address form field but any database stuff just doesn't show up. It was working fine before. Here is the .htaccess rewrite I'm using should I use something different?

Options FollowSymLinks
Options -MultiViews
RewriteEngine ON
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www\.loungedoctor\.com
RewriteRule (.*) https://www.loungedoctor.com/$1 [R=301,L]
RewriteBase /

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I'll need to troubleshoot directly, see the private message section.

bill173836

https://www.loungedoctor.com/contact.html

The confirmation email Should say in the Subject: LoungeDoctor.com Contact and the Body: Thank you for contacting LoungeDoctor.com. ......
Both are dynamically pulled from the database.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

contact.html is a static page, you cannot use php code on a static html page...

bill173836

The contact page has a include php file. I think I resolved the contact page issue as it is now working. I made this store aspect live live on Saturday that's when I added the https and I had set up email to send receipts to the client and me and it's not sending the receipts. It was before but not now. I've got 5 orders since Saturday and haven't received a single copy of the receipt.

bill173836

Jason, either something you did or something I did seems to have resolved the problem. There is one last thing for some reason the Summary isn't showing up in the server behaviors. I've added 2 fields PromoCode and PromoAmount that I want to save in the Orders summary. I've added 2 hidden fields that put the session variable but I want to save them to the orders table in the fields OrderPromoCode and OrderPromoAmount. Thanks

Attached Files
pp_confirm.php

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Please provide a Skype username or a US phone number and a good time to contact you when you will be in front of your computer and we will have an engineer contact you to resolve this issue over the phone.

We are available Monday - Friday from 9am - 4pm EST (except major U.S. holidays).

bill173836

336.505.4389 3:30 until 6pm EST

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

tried calling a few times today, and only got voicemail. I will try again tomorrow.

bill173836

336.505.4389 I'm here until 6 EST.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...