close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Upgrade Installation from 5 to 6 fails "WAeCart.mxi is not installed"

Thread began 1/24/2014 12:57 pm by Art | Last modified 7/08/2014 10:12 am by Art | 4528 views | 20 replies |

Art

Upgrade Installation from 5 to 6 fails "WAeCart.mxi is not installed"

Extension manager goes through the process of uninstalling and then isn't able to actually remove 5.

I get this error 'The Specified Extension "WAeCart.mxi is not installed."

How do I clear out 5?

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

follow step 12 of the adobe troubleshooting guide to recreate the users configuration folder:
http://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/kb/troubleshoot-javascript-errors-dreamweaver-cs4.html#main_user_config

then open the extension manager and uninstall eCart.

after eCart is uninstalled, use the install link in the extension manager to browse to the downloaded MXP file to install eCart 6.

Art

OK, I'll try that. Thanks

Art

I tried following those instructions but they failed because I'm not finding a Dreamweaver "Preferences" folder as expected.

There is this folder "Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CS6\en_US\Configuration\Shared\WebAssist\Preferences" but this doesn't seem like what they are describing in the link. Do I delete the WebAssist preferences folder?

Below are the steps they say to follow.

Art

Maybe I just figured it out. I just rename that outside Dreamweaver 6 folder....

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

rename the Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CS6\en_US\Configuration folder

Art

I saw your post too late, I renamed the Dreamweaver 6 folder and then ran RegEdit. It didn't solve the problem.

Art

From what I'm reading, the solutions seem to be a total reinstall of Adobe. Has anyone tried uninstalling just the Extension manager?

After all, this seems to be where the problem is showing itself...

Art

There's no option to remove just the Extension Manager.

Art

Uninstalling Dreamweave 6 did not work...yet.

I uninstalled Dreamweaver 6 and then reinstalled it. When I tried to open Extension Manager, it sat for an hour at about 3/4s through...I'm still waiting for it to load. Is there any limit to this waiting and should I cancel out if it takes this long? If thought there might be a chance that it would still finish, I tried letting it run it's course for about 2 hours and just caved and bailed out of it.

My next step will probably be to uninstall the entire Adobe suite and then reinstall.

This has turned into a lot of work to get an extension to work. I know WebAssist, is usually right on top of issues and I've had few complaints when it comes to operating the product but installing WebAssist extensions has always been problem. From experience this is probably an Adobe issue but manifests itself as a WebAssist issue. Since Adobe is far less approachable, my only hope is that WebAssist has some pull and can push to resolve some of these issues in the future. Unfortunately, since we're boycotting Adobe CC, I highly doubt version 6 issues are going to be resolved.

Is there any clue why this happens? How can this be avoided in the future; did I do something to cause this?

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...