close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Drop down menus not working correctly with touch screen device

Thread began 1/18/2014 9:16 am by Sally | Last modified 1/20/2014 12:16 pm by Sally | 746 views | 2 replies |

Sally

Drop down menus not working correctly with touch screen device

I got a complaint about one of my sites (spyglasscondos.com) that, with Win 8 and touchscreen, the drop down menus (made with CSS Menu writer) don't work. I don't have a Win 8 touch screen device but I tried it with my phone, running Android 4.3, and found that what it's doing is automatically loading the first page in the drop down list if you don't immediately touch a page from those listed. I couldn't wait even 2 seconds and it would start to load the first page listed if I hadn't touched another page from the drop down.

Can you tell me why it's doing this and what I can do to fix it? Thanks.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

CSS Menu Writer menus are not designed for mobile devices.

you will need to create menus for the mobile display and use media queries to change which menu is shown, this is not something that menu Writer supports.

Sally

Thanks for your reply, Jason. Not the answer I was hoping for as it sounds like I will need to create two versions of the pages. I think the problem is because some touch screen devices or browsers are treating the :hoover behavior as a click and there would be a javascript or something workaround. Or that CSS Menu Writer would be able to generate the alternative code.

Thanks for your insight.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...