close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

I am frustrated with the lack of support for CS6 and CC

Thread began 1/17/2014 6:54 am by reverend_jt341066 | Last modified 1/17/2014 8:33 am by Jason Byrnes | 1473 views | 9 replies |

reverend_jt341066

I am frustrated with the lack of support for CS6 and CC

I am frustrated with the fact that the products that I paid a lot of money for do not work with my subscription based Adobe account now. Am I suppose to retain old versions of Adobe forever, so I can use the extensions that I paid for? It would be nice if you upgraded them to at least be supported by CS6, but instead you stop just short of that. It is unfair for a customer that invested a lot in your products. You will probably attempt to direct me to an upgrade. No chance I am spending more money for something I already bought, even if it has more features.

I am asking for a refund for products that I can no longer use, because your company decided to take a different direction on those items. I still paid for them.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

We do not continue updating older extensions that have been upgraded to newer ones for support of newer DW versions.

When you bought the extensions you bought them as being compatible with the version of Dreamweaver that was current at the time. there was no promise made of lifetime free updates. also at the time of purchase, there was a 15 day refund period. those where the licensing terms you agreed to before the purchase was made.

your last purchase was made in 2011. we cannot refund a purchase after 3 years.

the extensions will continue running in the previous version of Dreamweaver.

Either continue to use them in the previous version of Dreamweaver, or you will need to upgrade to the latest versions of Design Extender, Data Assist and eCart in order to use them in the current version of Dreamweaver.

reverend_jt341066

Thanks for your "help." Seems as though it must be tough to upgrade one more version so Adobe CC users can use their products.

Your customer service leaves something to be desired even in your response.

Maybe you should try to make it more clear as a company that you will abandon your products after a couple of versions leaving customers who want to stay up-to-date in Adobe abandoned. You don't have to add new features, just make it compatible. Must be too much to ask.

Not sure why it's a problem to continue "supporting" these products, since you really don't provide direct free support anymore anyway.

Thanks for caring more about your license terms than your customers.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

since you really don't provide direct free support anymore anyway.  

but we do provide direct free support right here in this forum, Monday - Friday. If you are having a problem using a specific feature of the software, ask here, and I will be more that happy to help, if need be, I'll even give a call and do a screen sharing session.

you are confusing Support with Updates. updates are development, not support.

and we do not abandon the software. We don't continue updating it, but that is not abandonment. you can continue using it in the older version of Dreamweaver and can continue to ask questions about it's use here in the forums.

as for updating, our scheme is the same as other software vendors. Adobe has not released an update for Dreamweaver 8 since Dreamweaver CS3 was released. they haven't updated CS3 since CS4 was released and so on. there is no guarantee that you will be able to continue using older DW versions in newer OS's.

You cant run Office 95 on Windows 8, because Microsoft has not updated it since Office 98 was released. They stopped updating Office 98 when Office 2000 was released.

reverend_jt341066

This post has been deleted.

Jamie

Originally Said By: reverend_jt341066
  I am frustrated with the fact that the products that I paid a lot of money for do not work with my subscription based Adobe account now. Am I suppose to retain old versions of Adobe forever, so I can use the extensions that I paid for? It would be nice if you upgraded them to at least be supported by CS6, but instead you stop just short of that. It is unfair for a customer that invested a lot in your products. You will probably attempt to direct me to an upgrade. No chance I am spending more money for something I already bought, even if it has more features.

I am asking for a refund for products that I can no longer use, because your company decided to take a different direction on those items. I still paid for them.  

With all due respect thats like saying that just because I bought a TV 3 years ago, because it has been upgraded to a new style/type I am entitled to have it replaced with the new one free of charge.

reverend_jt341066

I think you may be missing the point. I think it's ridiculous to have to keep an old version of Dreamweaver around just because they won't make the extension compatible with the new version of Dreamweaver. Because I had a hard drive failure, and lost that install, I now am stuck without those tools because I can only install the latest version of Dreamweaver, of which you cannot even install the tools in.

I'm not asking for entitlement. I am just asking that the "ancient" tools that I dropped a lot of money on, at least be available. Instead they have abandoned the progression of the product entirely leaving me with having to drop another grand to upgrade if I want to use the product at all. I feel like my hands are tied.

If I bought a TV three years ago, it doesn't stop working in my home because my cable service upgraded. They don't make me buy a new TV just because my cable connection is of higher grade. I can still keep my old TV and use it until I'm ready to pay for a newer version.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

"If I bought a TV three years ago, it doesn't stop working in my home because my cable service upgraded. They don't make me buy a new TV just because my cable connection is of higher grade. I can still keep my old TV and use it until I'm ready to pay for a newer version."

in this analogy, The Dreamweaver version is not the cable company, The Dreamweaver version is more like the difference between High Def and Standard Definition.

If you purchase a standard definition TV, you will not be able to use a the newer High Definition cable box, you will need to continue using the older standard definition model.

as for the extensions availability, they are still available in your account. log into your account, in the downloads section, click the all my downloads link. the extensions are available for download on the all my downloads page.

I understand that you don't like the fact that you need to continue using an older version of dreamweaver in order to use the older versions of the extensions, I am not missing your point. but that does not change the fact that the older extensions will not work in newer versions of dreamweaver any more than a standard definition TV will not render a high definition signal.

reverend_jt341066

I can still watch Standard def on my TV if I have not chosen to upgrade to an HD def TV.

Obviously, I'm not going to get anywhere with this conversation. I'll make sure that all those in my network are aware that if they purchase products from WebAssist they risk not being able to use them in the future, as the company may choose to stop upgrading it for newer versions of the product that it's dependent on.

Thanks for your "help."

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

"I can still watch Standard def on my TV if I have not chosen to upgrade to an HD def TV."

but if you do upgrade to HD (in other words upgrade Dreamweaver) your older SD tv (older extensions) will not work, that is the point.

This is common in software companies as i have pointed out in a previous reply. the version of Office 2010 that i purchase 4 years ago is not supported in Windows 8. If I upgrade to Windows 8, I can also expect that I will need to upgrade to the latest version of Office if I still wish to use Word.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...