close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Dataassist Pages outputs error and stops

Thread began 1/16/2014 5:35 pm by madahmani | Last modified 1/17/2014 9:05 am by Miguel | 1872 views | 17 replies |

madahmani

DataAssist Pages outputs error and stops

Hi,

After a fresh Data Bridge installation, Workspace layout reset and cache file deleted, I tried to use DataAssist pages but I receive an error when generating the update page and the wizard stops.

Any help please ?

Sign in to reply to this post

Miguel

I got the exact same problem the wizard stops with that error on the update page and not continues to build the rest of the pages, i thought this was going to be fix yesterday :(

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Miguel, yours is a different error. same symptom, but different problem.

Both: what presets are you using in Data Bridge? New from Blank? your Own?

Are you selecting the option to have the wizard create the table? or using your own table?

any details you c an provide on the settings you are selecting in the wizard will be helpful in troubleshooting the problem.

madahmani

I am using the CMS preset and I am creating my own tables.
I have also the latest Data Bridge version and Free Tools version.

Thanks.

madahmani

Another important point to mention is the following:

If I choose a preset New from Blank and I link my own tables then the wizard generates the pages without outputting any error.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Ok, that means that your table does not use the same structure as the table for the CMS preset.

so to use the CMS Preset with your own table, open the manage pages tab, end edit each of the pages to reset the columns that will be added.

In reality, the presets are not intended to be used with your own tables, they are set up for a specific table structure.

when using your own table, you should use the new From blank preset and then set up the pages option on the manage pages tab. after creating the settings, you can save your own preset to be used with that table structure.

madahmani

I think that is the cause in fact. Remains to know how Miguel handled this issue and what he used as preset.

Miguel

I got the exact same error msg here ill upload a screenshot of the error it stops at the update page and throws the error and stops generating the rest of the pages.

Im using the default present the one that says unstyled and at the top new from blank, i also have tried one saved and same thing happens.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

This is not the exact same error as madahmani reported, it is a different error.

what is the table definition for the col_metadata table you are using/

Miguel

I dont understand that question what should i post you here about the table do you need it exported?

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...