close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Error accessing any WA extension

Thread began 1/15/2014 6:33 pm by acornist | Last modified 5/27/2016 11:03 am by Ray Borduin | 2403 views | 10 replies |

acornistBeta Tester

Error accessing any WA extension

I get this error trying to access WA extension:

Error in serialCheck:
ReferenceError: WA_addMacFolderName is not defined.

This came after reinstalling Dreamweaver CC and installing eCart5.0.7, DesignExtender 1.1.6 and DataBridge 1.1.5

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

What was the order of install? with eCart 5, you should install it first, then install Design Extender and Data Bridge

with the new installer in DE and Data Bridge, you will need to open DW, then open a PHP page to trigger the WebAssist Installer that will download files from our server.

After the installer completes, make sure to close and restart DW.

acornistBeta Tester

I installed eCart, Design Extender and then Data Bridge.

I opened a PHP page which did indeed trigger the WebAssist Installer. It seemed to go fine.

I then restarted DW and now get this error.

BTW, just for good measure, I reset the workspace and removed the MacFileCache.dat file.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Ok, I just did a test install and can reproduce the error. I am letting Ray know about this and will keep you posted.

Just FYI; eCart 6 was released earlier today, since you own eCart 5, the upgrade price is $99.99 - I can confirm that this error does not happen with eCart 6 installed, but we will look into the why it occurs with eCart 5.

acornistBeta Tester

Jason,

I did go ahead and get eCart 6 and everything is groovy.

Thanks for your incredibly responsive support. It is very much appreciated.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you're welcome.

Justin@AdventDesign

Fix for this?

Was there ever a fix produced for this with eCart 5? I've got eCart 5.0.7, DataBridge 1.2.3 and MySQLi Server Behaviors 1.0.4 installed. I just reinstalled all and still get the same error message 'acornist' indicated.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

What version of Dreamweaver are you using?

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Justin@AdventDesign

DWCC 2015.1 Release, 7851 Build

Sorry probably bad form but I posted on this second thread with the same issue, since it seemed to go in a lot greater detail on the exact issue I'm having. I've not reinstalled eCart 5 for now, as I don't need it for the current project, but still having issues. See this thread:

http://www.webassist.com/forums/posts.php?id=32267

Ray BorduinWebAssist

eCart 5 isn't supported on CC versions of Dreamweaver. You would have to upgrade to eCart 6. I'll call you about the issue from the other thread.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...