close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Checkout Wizard form variables not saved to database

Thread began 8/19/2009 4:08 am by kelly291243 | Last modified 8/20/2009 4:14 pm by Eric Mittman | 1624 views | 4 replies |

kelly291243

Checkout Wizard form variables not saved to database

Some of my variables set in the 'Store Cart Summary in Database' on the confirm.asp page are not being saved to the database. It appears that all the variables that are taken from the form on the checkout.asp page are being passed through to and displaying correctly on the confirm.asp page but not saving to the database when the customer confirms the order. I have checked the entries and they appear to be correct:

OrderID
OrderReferenceID <%=Session.SessionID%>
OrderVisitorID
OrderShipping <%=WA_eCart_GetShipping(ts08usa)%>
OrderTax <%=WA_eCart_GetTax(ts08usa)%>
OrderTotal <%=WA_eCart_GrandTotal(ts08usa)%>
OrderDate
OrderShipAddress1 <%=cStr(Request.Form("shipping_street1"))%>
OrderShipAddress2 <%=cStr(Request.Form("shipping_street2"))%>
OrderShipCity <%=cStr(Request.Form("shipping_city"))%>
OrderShipStateID <%=cStr(Request.Form("shipping_state_province"))%>
OrderShipZip <%=cStr(Request.Form("shipping_postcode"))%>
OrderShipCountryID <%=cStr(Request.Form("shipping_country"))%>
OrderStatus

Also, certain variables are not being sent on the email receipt which I have used Universal Email to do for me during the checkout wizard process. The variables not going to email are the Order Number and the credit card information. However, strangely, the shipping details not being saved to the database are making it to the email receipt.

Hope you can help

Kelly

Sign in to reply to this post

kelly291243

I just thought I would also add that when I eCart store summary in database server behavior I get 3 small error windows pop up one after each other that says:

SQL type not recognized: 'undefined'

Is this part of the problem?

Eric Mittman

Would it be possible for you to post a copy of your confirm page minus the sensitive details? Since you are referencing the posted values it may be that these values are not being reset in the form on the confirm page so that they post to the page again for the order details and summary.

As for the undefined value error this is likely because of the values that are being passed in that are not set.

If you are not able to post this page let me know and I can open a ticket for you so we can exchange files in private.

kelly291243

The code is too long for this page so can I email it to you for further inspection?

Many thanks

Kelly

Eric Mittman

I have opened a ticket for you on this issue. Please login to WebAssist.com and visit your support history to update the ticket and include a copy of the confirm and checkout pages in your update.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...