close ad
Install the LAtest Updates to Work with CC 2017 and CC 2018
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Galleries image size

Thread began 1/13/2014 10:23 pm by Roz431315 | Last modified 1/15/2014 4:01 pm by Jason Byrnes | 373 views | 9 replies |

Roz431315

Galleries image size

I have a client that uploads all different size photos into a gallery, when you scroll through the photos you get all different size expanded photos, very jumpy not smooth.

What controls are available to try to minimize size the difference in the gallery photos. do you have to make all the photos the same size before you upload?

The client also wanted to move the next and PREV links down and to be permanently visible, I made some adjustments to slimbox.css and change the next and prev to arrows and made them visible by removing the hover.
They now want the (NEXT & PREV)arrows down even further into the into the title, description, (not on the actual photo ) is that change possible

Does PS support other i.e. galleries http://galleria.io/themes/classic/ or the Dreamweaver widget spry image slideshow. this are basically you click on a thumbnail and the image appears above the thumbnail expanded.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

The simple answer is: if you want the images to be the same size, it is best to resize them before upload

The more advanced answer (though not supported) is: The image sizes are controlled by the gallery script.

in the ribbon light box, gallery, the following line in the gallery/ribon_lightbox.php page sets the size of the thumbnails and the large images:

$gallery = get_gallery(get_mediarss_url('gallery=' . $pg_id . '&thumb=62c&full=782p'));

thumb is set to 62c and full is set to 782p

these sizes corespoond to what is set in the admin/common/properties.php file in the resize proportional and resize cropped globals:

$GLOBALS['resize_proportional'] = array(
array('w' => 1024, 'h' => 768, 'watermark' => true),
array('w' => 782, 'h' => 481, 'watermark' => true),
array('w' => 163, 'h' => 92)
);
$GLOBALS['resize_cropped'] = array(
array('w' => 62, 'h' => 62),
array('w' => 132, 'h' => 140),
array('w' => 102, 'h' => 102),
array('w' => 42, 'h' => 42),
array('w' => 782, 'h' => 481, 'watermark' => true),
array('w' => 995, 'h' => 260, 'watermark' => true)
);

768p is set to a width of 1024 and height 768. it is a proportional setting so the images will be resized proportionally, if you wanted them to be the same size all the time, you would want to use a cropped setting, but this would mean the images would be cropped from center on resize. to have more control, you should resize before upload.

No power store does not have support for other gallery types, but they can be hand coded.

Roz431315

Thanks for that info,

Can you move the NEXT and PREV links that appear when you hover to the description of the photo?
I was able to move them to the bottom of the photo.
The client thinks they interfere with the photo and they did not like the "hover link" because they did realize that they were there, so I commented out the hover..

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

no, they cannot be moved outside the photo. you could edit the slimbox.css and remove the background image from the #lbPrevLink and #lbNextLink styles.

it wont show the arrows but the next and previous links will still work.

Roz431315

Hi Jason,
I have an issue with some of the photos in the thumbnail in the galleries, the bottom and top is being cut off

I thought I might have to resize the photo, which I did.
The original size was 1952 x 2817, I resize it to 485 x 768 and there was no change. See attached image... the last photo (dhogan8neck1_768.jpg) to the right... is 532 x 768. I even test with smaller sizes but no difference

http://www.relicvintage.com/products_detail.php?ProductID=46

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I'm not able to reproduce, the photos don't look cut off when i view them

Roz431315

The Thumbnail is not cut off? I see the Thumbnail cut off on the 2nd & 4th image

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

sorry, i was looking at the wrong gallery

this goes back to my original answer in this thread.

image size settings are taken from this line in the
galleries/tiny_ribbon_lightbox/index.php file

$gallery = get_gallery(get_mediarss_url('gallery=' . $pg_id . '&thumb=62c&full=782p'));

this is using a cropped image for the thumbnail:
thumb=62c

you could set it to use a proportional image instead:
thumb=92p

but that will not give uniform sizes to the thumbnail. in order to have the thumbnails use uniform sizes, a roped image must be used.

Roz431315

I updated the code to see what it would look like, now there is no thumbnail photos just the border, maybe have to change common.css?

not sure what you mean by rope

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

that was a typo. it was supposed to be cropped.

the thumbnails really don't support the proportional images.

They only support the cropped ones. since your original image was taller than it was wide, cropping removed more from the top and bottom than from the sides.

if you dont want the thumbnails to be cropped, than the original images should be closer to square to begin with

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...