close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Extra Shipping From Hidden Field

Thread began 1/08/2014 4:14 pm by bill173836 | Last modified 1/13/2014 10:32 am by bill173836 | 2360 views | 10 replies |

bill173836

Extra Shipping From Hidden Field

I have 2 hidden fields that I want to pass to the shopping cart.
1. The first is CartSKUNumber --- This is in a hidden field in the Add To Cart form on the products_detail.php page
2. The second is CartAddShipping -- This is also a hidden field in the Add to Cart form
3. I want the CartSKUNumber display the SKU Number on the shopping cart page and add it the orders detail database
4. I want to add the CartAddShipping value to the existing Shipping rule. I have this field so it will have a value of 0.00 or whatever the dollar amount is like let's say 5.00 more
5. I already have a shipping rule set that looks at the database for the product shipping. But the additional shipping is determined by an Option so let's say you choose the Extra Tall it cost $5.00 more to ship it than the other options.

You can see what I'm talking about at http://www.awinninglook.com/products-detail.php?ProductID=1000 down by the Add To Cart button you will see the values for the SKU and Extra Shipping based on the option you choose. Currently there is only extra shipping on the Extra Tall size. Thanks.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

in the display manager, add the CartSKUNumber binding to show the SKU

in the store order details behavor, bind the SKU column of the order details to the cartCKUNumber column

in the eCart object, create a calcualtion as:

TotalAdditonalShipping:
[CartAddShipping] * [Quantity]

on the shipping tab, create a new shipping rule as:
Subtotal for column TotalAdditonalShipping > 0

Multiple of column subtotal:

Subtotal of column TotalAdditonalShipping times 0 plus 0

you will want to create the cart display so that it shows shipping changes individually.

bill173836

I tried that now I'm getting this error message.
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '[' in /home/content/01/3827501/html/awlc/WA_eCart/siteCart_PHP.php on line 15

Here are the product details, shopping cart and the page with the error.

Thanks.

Attached Files
products-detail.php
shopping-cart.php
siteCart_PHP.php

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you gave the wring name for the column.

in the cart object it is named:

AdditionalShipping

so the calculation should be:

[AdditionalShipping] * [Quantity]

bill173836

Okay I changed it now I get:

Warning: Missing argument 17 for siteCart_Definition::AddToCart(), called in /home/content/01/3827501/html/awlc/products-detail.php on line 254 and defined in /home/content/01/3827501/html/awlc/WA_eCart/siteCart_PHP.php on line 32

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/01/3827501/html/awlc/WA_eCart/siteCart_PHP.php:32) in /home/content/01/3827501/html/awlc/products-detail.php on line 270

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

looks like you added the AdditionalShipping column t4o the cart after adding the add to cart button to that page.

any time you add a column to the cart, you will need to update the add to cart button behaviors to have the code regenerated to include the new cart column.

bill173836

Where do I change that. The server behavior for the Add To Cart Button does't exist in the server behaviors any more.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

it looks like you hand edited it, that is why it doesn't show.

you will need to undo the hand edits in order for it to show in the server behaviors panel.

theres not a simple code change that can be made, you need to use the server behavior interface to edit it.

bill173836

Okay I took out the hand coding and then did as you suggested. I'm still getting an error: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '[' in /home/content/01/3827501/html/awlc/WA_eCart/siteCart_PHP.php on line 14

Attached Files
WA_eCart_Definition_PHP.php
products-detail.php
siteCart_PHP.php

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Please provide a Skype username or a US phone number and a good time to contact you when you will be in front of your computer and we will have an engineer contact you to resolve this issue over the phone.

We are available Monday - Friday from 9am - 4pm EST (except major U.S. holidays).

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...