close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Result page: do not show columns with no data

Thread began 1/02/2014 10:26 am by ori382079 | Last modified 1/06/2014 6:16 am by ori382079 | 1897 views | 10 replies |

ori382079

Result page: do not show columns with no data

Compliments of the season!
I have a result page with about 14 columns, but not all the columns will have data at any point in time. I was wondering how not to show the columns with no data. I have tried to use the Show Region if Recordset is not empty , but it does not seem to do it. Please advise. File attached

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Use the show region tility.

select the recordset binding on your page. open the Server Behaviors panel. Click the plus button and select WebAssist -> Utilities -> Show Region

Click the lightning bolt next to If and select the corresponding column from your recordset. In the Is section, select the Not equal to option. leave the value field empty.

repeat this for each of the values shown on your page.

ori382079

RE: Result page: do not show columns with no data

Hi Jason, this is what I got after following your instruction:
SCREAM: Error suppression ignored for
( ! ) Notice: Undefined variable: row_WADAlcm_cases in C:\wamp\www\lcm_ng\lcm_cases_results.php on line 46
Call Stack

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

send a copy of the page please. I need to see the code in order to troubleshoot the error.

ori382079

The page is attached

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

theres no way the page you attached generates the error you report.

the error you report is happening at lin 46. in the page you attach, line 46 is:

if (!function_exists("GetSQLValueString")) {

there is no mention at line 46 of a variable named row_WADAlcm_cases.

please attach a copy of the page that produces the error you report.

ori382079

Morning Jason, The first page I attached contained the error but the last page attached had no error in question because I reverted back to original setup.Sorry for the mistake. Please I have implemented your original instruction on the same page and the error is now there. See the attached page

Attached Files
lcm_cases_results.php

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you put the show region around the recordset. ??it should be around the display of the recordset data in the page design.??In design view, select the code that displays the recordset information, for example:??<td class="WADAResultsTableCell"><?php echo($row_WADAlcm_cases['lcm_cp_id']); ?></td>??then add the show region utility.

ori382079

Thanks Jason, I tried it and it shows no data of columns with data. it returns no data and when I remove the show utility, the data are shown. Sorry to bother you

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

send a copy of the current version of the page.

I cannot answer questions about why the code is not working as expected without seeing the code....

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...