close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

preparing system for dynamic dev

Thread began 8/18/2009 7:25 pm by segalmedia367166 | Last modified 11/20/2009 6:49 am by Office Guy-172461 | 2639 views | 4 replies |

segalmedia367166

preparing system for dynamic dev

I am so close to being completed with my prep for dynamic development. I have followed step by step the "web development: Before your begin". I am up to page 12, "defining a site and testing server". I am stuck on step 3. I keep getting an error message (see attached screen shot) saying that I don't have permission to save to this location. What do I need to do to be able to use C:/inetpub/wwwroot/myfolder as my local root folder? I find steps 3 - 6 confusing. Any extra help setting up my site?

Sign in to reply to this post

anonymous

Lisa,

I will see if I can dig up some info. on this. Unfortunately, I cannot replicate the step as I am on a Mac. But I do remember having issues when I ran an IIS server way back in the day.

In the meantime, I would also suggest - unless your really set on running it IIS - is to check out a solution like WAMP (en/) that will install Apache on your machine and run PHP and MySQL on Apache. And depending on who is hosting, you may want Apache over IIS to mirror the setup at your host. I know there were some fine nuances between the two but I remember some PHP features did not work on IIS.

Best regards,

Brian

Ray BorduinWebAssist

It looks like a problem with the actual file permissions for the logged in user. Since this error is happenning in Dreamweaver and not on the page I don't thik it is a problem with the server language.

Can you create the folder in your file system instead of creating it through the Dreamweaver interface? That may get around the problem for now.

A quick google search on this error appears to have some solutions such as running DW as administrator so that it will have the proper permissions: you-dont-have-permission-to-save-vista.html

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

thepinupchronicles387001

preparing system for dynamic dev For Windows Vista

I'm stuck on page 9 Preparing your system for dynamic development. - "Configuring IIS for Vista"

Here are the steps
1. Open the IIS manager by going to Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Internet Information Services.
2. In IIS Manager open up Handler Mappings in the IIS area.
3. Click on "Add Script Map..." in the upper right of the window.
4. In the interface that opens enter the following values .
Request path: *.php .
Executable: C:\php\php5isapi.dll .
Name: PHP

5. Click OK, the Add Script Map dialog appears and ask if you would like to enable this ISAPI extension, click yes if you want to give permission to the php module to run on IIS.

When I try to follow step 5 I get an error message saying:

"The specified module required by this habdler is not in the modules list. If you are adding a script map handler mapping, the IsapiModule ot the CgiModule must be in the modules list."

Can anyone assist me on this step or how to go arround this error message

Office Guy-172461

How to set up a local testing server for Dreamweaver

For another option, see:
144/

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...