close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Add To Cart Button Redirect If Not In Stock

Thread began 12/20/2013 11:56 am by bill173836 | Last modified 12/31/2013 7:37 pm by bill173836 | 4444 views | 16 replies |

bill173836

Add To Cart Button Redirect If Not In Stock

Here is the file.

Attached Files
products-detail.php.zip
Sign in to reply to this post

bill173836

http://www.awinninglook.com/products-detail.php?ProductID=1000

In my store I'm using the products table as basic products and I've created a separate table for SKU option variations.
The administrator adds options then adds SKUs that are for all the options variations. The productsku table is set up like so.
skuID, skuProductID, skuNumber, skuColor, skuSize, skuUDO1, skuUDO2, skuUDO3, skuAvailable (skuUDO1-3 can be defined by the administrator)

Each SKU is defined by it's options variable. So the patron might choose Large Cappuccino or Small Blue each would have it's own SKU number.

My problem is: I want when the patron chooses products options that it will look at the productssku table and see which SKU has the options selected (skuProductID, skuColor & skuSize) it will look at the productsku table and determine which table matches that combination and then it needs to see if the skuAvailable is set to "No" or "Yes". If yes then it goes to the shopping cart page but, If "No" it goes to this error message:

http://www.awinninglook.com/products-detail.php?ProductID=1000&stock=0

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Attached Files
products-detail.php.zip

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you will need to create a recordset that looks up the selected options to see if it is in stock, then hand code an if statement that performs the redirect based on the recordset results.

We can help implement this in a premiere support appointment:
http://www.webassist.com/premier_request.php

bill173836

I think I follow you. I'll try that and if that doesn't work I'll use your premier service.

bill173836

I added the search feature and now if the item is available it shows the correct information. While if the item is not available it shows. "This item is currently out of stock."

So my question now is how do I make it go to the shopping cart page if the item is available but stay on the page if it isn't?

Attached Files
products-detail.php

bill173836

I think I've worked this out for the most part. My only problem that I can see no is that when the item is not available it's still putting the item in the cart is there a way to prevent that from happening?

Upon thinking about it would a javascript hide show script be better to accomplish this that shows the in stock status whenever you change the menu items or is there a way to make the stock status update without submitting the form. That way you don't have to press the add to cart button unless it's in stock. Not sure how to approach that since I don't really write much javascript. I could be wrong but is that how you show the status in the PowerStore?

Attached Files
products-detail.php

Ray BorduinWebAssist

This would be done with server side php code and not javascript... you can add a recordset above the add to cart code that checks availability... then you can add code to redirect if there is no stock. A redirect before the add to cart would prevent the add to cart from happening and you could add a url parameter to conditionally show an "out of stock" message.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

bill173836

I thought thats what I had done. I used the search feature to narrow down the options, created the recordsets then created code that gives a message that the item is out of stock if the skuAvailable = No. I guess what I'm missing is how to update the available message whenever the menu list is changed so that the status is shown before the customer presses the Add to Cart button. Where did I go wrong? Thanks.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I think you would change:

php:
if($skuavailable == 'Yes'){

$gotourl = 'plugins/shopping-cart.php';
}else{
$gotourl = 'products-detail.php?ProductID='.$urlproduct;
};

to:

php:
if($skuavailable == 'Yes'){

$gotourl = 'plugins/shopping-cart.php';
}else{
$gotourl = 'products-detail.php?ProductID='.$urlproduct;
header("location: ".$gotourl);
die();
};

So that it redirects immediately if the item is not in stock before the item is added to the cart.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

bill173836

That didn't do it. Now it just tries to redirect automatically to an empty ProductID on page load. You can see what I mean here.

Attached Files
products-detail.php

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...