close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

contact form problem

Thread began 12/13/2013 3:34 am by eladgraphics386618 | Last modified 12/05/2017 1:48 pm by Ray Borduin | 2175 views | 7 replies |

eladgraphics386618

contact form problem

Hello
when launching contact form on dreamweaver 6 I am having this issue.
thanks so much

My number is 770-453-9200

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

reset the workspace layout:
go to Window -> Work Space layout -> Reset '<your layout name>'

and Delete the Dreamweaver Cache file from the users configuration folder:
http://www.webassist.com/tutorials/Common-installation-issues

eladgraphics386618

Hello
Thanks so much for your reply. I have another problem. I have clear my computer and reinstall dreamweaver cs6 and data bridge new.
when I build a form I get the thank you page but no email.
thanks

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Who is your host?

Depending on your host, you may need to set certain options in Universal Email.

Some hosts will work if you leave the SMTP Server setting on the Email Server Tab blank, others will require that you enter the SMTP server address.

Some will work using the standard Mail protocol, other will require that you use the Pear Mail for SMTP, some using Pear mail will require authentication.

Some hosts may require that the from address being used be a valid email address for your domain. Some may require that the option to include the from Email address be passed as an extra parameter.

To be successful with Universal Email, you will need to know the requirements of your host for sending an email using a PHP script.

Also, double check your Spam folder, it is possible that the email is being trapped as spam.

eladgraphics386618

problem with contact form cc 2017

I have been away for some time and do not remember how to submit a new post. very sorry.
I have installed cc 2017 and my current work form does not expend. I have attached the screen shot and a text file.
thanks so much

Attached Files
contact-form.php
thank-page.php

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Please install the latest version of Data Bridge. There was an issue with the bindings panel that we have corrected.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

eladgraphics386618

problem with contact form cc 2017

Hello Ray
I have installed the update and I got a difference kind of screen but the same problem.
1. the contact page did not start with "<?php require_once("webassist/ckeditor/ckeditor.php"); ?>"
I've copied it from another site and paste it here.
2. I still did not get the form to open.
I am attaching the contact and thank page and a screen shop after I have installed the update.
thanks for you time

Attached Files
contact-page.php
thank-page.php

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I was able to find and fix this issue. Please reinstall Data Bridge and the bindings should work from within form builder properly. You will probably have to click the refresh button in bindings after opening it.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...