close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

shipping base + weight

Thread began 12/12/2013 1:43 pm by vered435903 | Last modified 1/27/2014 1:39 pm by Jason Byrnes | 2688 views | 10 replies |

vered435903

shipping base + weight

Hello~

I would like to set the shipping calculations to do two things:
1) set a base price of $5.00 for each shippment
2) add $0.75 per pound on top of that $5.00 base

I set two rules:
1) when the cart has more than 0 items, set a base price of $5.00
2) when the cart has more than 0 items, add $0.75 per pound of the total weights for all items in the cart

The $5.00 is getting added, but the weight fees are not. How should I set the rules to add the weight rate to the base?

~Thanks

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the calcualtion for the per item fee should be set up using:
"Based on Multiple of Column Subtotal"
subtotal of column "Total Weight" time "0.75" "plus" "0"

vered435903

Hmmmm.... It still isn't working. It's only listing the $5.00 base rate. What could I have done wrong?

Thanks for your help! Have a terrific weekend!

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

to troubleshoot, create a new php page, add a Cart Display manager to it, on the second page of the display manager wizard, select to show all columns. on the third page, set it to show each of the discounts and charge to show individually.

Send a a link to your sites add to cart button and the new display manager page and a copy of the eCart object file in the WA_eCart directory of your site.

vered435903

weight problem

Hello~

I hope you had a good weekend~

I am finally getting the time to troubleshoot this topic; you helped me with some of the coding last month. The weights are not appearing in the cart so the shipping is still not being calculated correctly. What am I missing?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

double check the add to cart button behaviors and make sure the weight column is bound correctly so that the weight gets added to the cart.

vered435903

That did the trick! Thanks so much!

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you're welcome.

vered435903

Okay.... I've got another question. In the 'full details' on the cart, I changed the description to show the SKU (a field I added after creating the cart) rather than the product ID number. Initially it displays correctly, but if I change the item quantity and update the cart, it defaults back to the product ID number.

What else do I need to change for the 'full details' to display the SKU (not the product ID) correctly once the cart is updated?

vered435903

Nevermind! I found the additional section of coding that I overlooked.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...