close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Incorporating into a page which is NOT a DW template? + correct folder structure?

Thread began 8/18/2009 1:27 pm by pattyayers387015 | Last modified 8/20/2009 11:50 am by Jimmy Wu | 1946 views | 3 replies |

pattyayers387015

Incorporating into a page which is NOT a DW template? + correct folder structure?

Hello,

Question #1: I want to incorporate the contact form into my existing site, but I don't use Dreamweaver templates. Can you provide instructions for this?

I assumed that I needed to copy-paste the PHP code, the <style> block, the <form> code, and the JS code into the appropriate places in my existing page. I tried this, without success. What are the correct steps?

Question #2: I can't find anything in the documentation specifying how the directory structure of the Contact Form Pack should be in my site. The zip file contains a single folder, ContactForm_GMC. Should that folder be placed under the root? Or should the *contents* of that folder be placed under the site root? And, does the contact form itself need to remain where it is in the folder structure?

Thanks very much in advance,

Patty

Sign in to reply to this post

Jimmy Wu

Make sure to read the read_me.htm page and follow the steps.

Make sure you are editing your WA_Globals.php file to match with your server settings.

You will have to copy the files from the ContactForm_GMC folder to the same level as the contact form file that you are copying the form code to. If you have not done this, the form include files will not be referenced correctly and thus the form will not work.

pattyayers387015

Originally Said By: Jimmy Wu
  Make sure to read the read_me.htm page and follow the steps.

Make sure you are editing your WA_Globals.php file to match with your server settings.

You will have to copy the files from the ContactForm_GMC folder to the same level as the contact form file that you are copying the form code to. If you have not done this, the form include files will not be referenced correctly and thus the form will not work.  

I did read the read_me.htm page and followed the steps. I've followed the documentation as well as I could through a number of different documents and PDFs. I've seen no mention at all of customizing a form if I'm not using a DW template. Is no help is available on this topic? Surely everybody doesn't use Dreamweaver templates?

I do appreciate the answer to my other question, about the correct file hierarchy. But shouldn't a basic piece of information like that be in the documentation?

I'm extremely disappointed in this product and in the available support. The website and marketing material seem to indicate a well-designed, easy-to-use product, but I have not found that to be the case at all. And to wait hours for only half an answer is pretty frustrating.

Patty

Jimmy Wu

The reason that the hierarchy is not documented is because it doesn't matter where in the site it is, it just needs to stay in that same structure. Wherever the contact form is the remaining files/directories need to be in that same level.

As far as copying the contact form page to one of your own pages, you were probably getting an error because you did not have the included files in your site at the correct place.

One other thing you can do instead of copying all the contact form code into your existing page is make changes to the contactus.php or contact_styled.php and then link to the contactus.php/contact_styled.php instead of your existing page. If you're not using templates, modifying the contact page to suit your needs is the same as modifying any other page.

angelo388134

Disappointed

This post has been deleted.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...