close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

kCFError 303

Thread began 11/19/2013 9:30 am by gyske292158 | Last modified 11/19/2013 9:40 pm by Jason Byrnes | 4405 views | 5 replies |

gyske292158

kCFError 303

After building Users management pages as mentioned in your tutorials (blue sky record shop) I want to see the resulting pages on my Mac (Powerbook 10.8.5).
After uploading them to my http://localhost/~user/companyPages/ I want to see user.insert.php.
Using the preview in browser from the File menu, Safari (6.1) reacts with a new tap. (my preference)
But instead of showing the user,insert,php I get a page with:
Safari can't open the page

Safari can't open the page "http://localhost/~gyske/HavasoSculpture-Server/user.insert.php". "The operation couldn't be completed.
(kCFErrorDomainCFNetwork error 303.)" (kCFErrorNetwork:303)

A search on the web delivered no answer what to do against it, except trowing away the safari preferences as I tried without success.
Also I restarted, repaired the system with fsck, what told me all ok.

If I try to load the user.search.php I get the page, but as soon as I ask for a search (a record I know it's there or not) I get again the kCFErrorNetwork:303 error.

Do you know how to overcome this?

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

please send a copy of the insert page.

gyske292158

Please find he insert page attached.

Attached Files
users_insert.php

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

all of the include files are using the virtual function, for example:
<?php virtual('/~gyske/HavasoSculpture-Server/Connections/connBlueSkyMusic.php'); ?>

The Virtual function is not supported by most PHP servers.

DW Uses the virtual function for include files if you you set the Site to create links relative to the server.

In the site definition, you should set the option for creating the links to use the document instead of the server, this will cause DW to use the require_once function for the include files.

it is the use of the virtual function for the includes that is causing the error.

gyske292158

Following your suggestions it worked, my kCFError 303 has gone.
Thanks

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you're welcome.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...