close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Digital File Pro not working !!!!

Thread began 8/18/2009 9:28 am by rob75685 | Last modified 8/18/2009 12:17 pm by Ray Borduin | 3370 views | 10 replies |

rob75685

Digital File Pro not working !!!!

Another WA problem - been most of the day on this one.

When using Digital File Pro on my Update page it is not updating the Default file field... just ends up blank whatever I put in...

useless, now behind schedule and spending precious time trying to get your software to work... again !

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

What version do you have installed? We had this issue in an early build, but I believe it has been addressed in the most recent version available in your order history. Do you have this problem with the current build? If so then we will need to debug the cause further, but an update of the software may do the trick.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

rob75685

hi Ray

Thanks for your quick reply, and apologies for my rant - had a very slow day.

I'm using the latest version - 2.01

Alternatively can you give me the php to fit in here:

'DefaultFileName' => ".........",

thanks

Ray BorduinWebAssist

The code in there would either be a reference to the hidden form element you placed on the page and put the current file name into, or it could be a reference to the recordset and file name column directly (but make sure your recordset is filtered properly).

Using a hidden form element may be the easier way to debug even though it takes more steps sometimes people fall down trying to keep the update recordset on the correct row after the update button is submitted which can make the direct recordset reference a little trickier to debug when you have issues.

rob75685

hi Ray

I have no idea what to put in here... yes I've added a hidden form field but DFP won't let me put anything in the Default file field

IS there any way you can do it your end with a dummy field and send me the resulting code please ?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Change focus into another field after updating the default file field and it should take the update.

Referring to the hidden field is the right solution. It will result in code similar to:
'DefaultFileName' => "" .(isset($_POST['HidFieldName'])?$_POST['HidFieldName']:""). "",

rob75685

hi

No changing focus makes no difference... if I go back a step then forward it's even empty then

trying your code now, thanks

Ray BorduinWebAssist

What DW version and OS are you using? I'll have someone try to reproduce the problem with a similar system to see if there is a bug we can fix.

rob75685

hi Ray

Your code:

'DefaultFileName' => "" .(isset($_POST['HidFieldName'])?$_POST['HidFieldName']:""). "",

worked - thank you!

My system is: OSX 10.5.8, Dreamweaver CS3 (9)

rob75685

DFP Delete not working either

Digital File Pro - Delete file doesn't work either... just doesn't remove the file

I've double checked all the settings and they are correct...

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...