close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

PayPal Fails on Checkout

Thread began 11/08/2013 1:17 pm by Daryl | Last modified 12/09/2013 12:23 pm by Jason Byrnes | 2623 views | 13 replies |

DarylBeta Tester

PayPal Fails on Checkout

I have an install of PowerStore which has been failing during the PayPal Checkout.

After trying to log into PayPal, I get the following screen

Can you help please?

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I'll need to troubleshoot directly, see the private message section.

DarylBeta Tester

Please see PM

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I'm not able to reproduce the problem. see PM

DarylBeta Tester

Hi Jason

There may be a possibility that the orders that look like they were eBay orders... Can the paypal link be picking up on paypal transactions not associated with orders via the site?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I dont follow, please provide more details.

DarylBeta Tester

My client has sent the following email;

Ive just realised that all those order sales number 72-128 are in fact my ebay sales. For some reason they are showing up on my website

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

i still dont follow

DarylBeta Tester

I was asked by my client to look at his PowerStore Site as he had noticed that order detail numbers 72 to 125 customers seem to have tried to order an item as they have entered all their details but not been able to place an order. he realised that some people may have changed their minds after filling out the order form but that just that there seemed to be too many there and as such assumed there must be a problem some where.

He had received an order the day before but the customer had previously ordered from the website and is an older customer.

I asked him to try to purchase from the site using a new email address to test it.

He replied saying that he had filled out the order form and every thing went through ok but when he went to Paypal and put in his password it wouldn't except it and just went back to the Paypal logging page asking for the password.

So I had a go to try to replicate the issue when I got the issue mentioned in the original post where Paypal wouldn't process my transaction either and as such assumed that it was an issue there.

Tonight I received an email from him saying that he had realised that all those order sales number 72-128 are in fact my ebay sales and that for some reason they are showing up on his website.

From what he is saying, it appears that he think his site is showing transactions via paypal (that originated on eBay) but is bowing them as £0.00

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

orders 72-128 are showing in the power store admin?

What paypal system are you using? Paypal Payments standard?

Standard uses an IPN post to save order details.

when an order goes through the paypal account, it will post the order details using IPN. This can be any order made through the paypal account whether it comes from power store or from ebay or another page you may set up using paypal payment buttons.

It would be best to have a separate account used fro ebay orders and another account used for power store orders. that way an IPN post wont be made when an ebay order is placed.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...