close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Better technical support

Thread began 8/17/2009 7:19 pm by vonroth.sandra376398 | Last modified 8/24/2009 12:37 pm by Anna Robinson | 3040 views | 6 replies |

vonroth.sandra376398

Better technical support

Today I almost bought one of your new products and I didn’t because I had a question related to one of the products I already had and I realized you have changed your technical support to a forum support, that is not good at all, if normally it take days to solve an issue, just to search will take forever.

Sign in to reply to this post

shop280345

total agreement

Yes I can't believe how tedious this forum/help section is., not to mention the stupid image verification.. ARGH!

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You will find that questions are handled very quickly in this forum. The incident system is still used when necessary. The point of entry has just changed to use the forum for initial contact in case the problem is something that the public can benefit from having shared.

Whenever the problem can't be resolved publicly in an efficient manner it would still be elevated to the old incident system just as it worked before.

After 15 posts the image verification goes away.

The update to support using this system should only improve support time and availability of answers by having all applicable support searchable while waiting for a response so that you can read about anyone that has ever had a similar issue.

I understand people's hesitancy, but the decision was made to move to this system to improve our support, and we are still confident that it will achieve that result.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

russell355191Beta Tester

Best technical support in it's class

hi,

I can say I own every plugin from WA and that the WA team and forum members make this the highest quality learning and technical service forum I have experienced without reservation !.

Every issue I have had was handled and very fast.

Even when some of these issues did not have anything to do with a WA plugin !

For those of you who have the word forum mis-defined I'd like to clear it.

"forum" a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue CAN be exchanged.

Forum is derived from Latin, literally ‘what is out of doors,’ originally denoting an enclosure surrounding a house.

As everyone is well aware, the variations of complexity & problems is endless in dynamic web designing.

It is the individual, thus the group's ability to confront and handle these problems as they arise determines it's survival.

The SPEED at which this is done alone determines the groups (individuals) power.

Regards

Russell Collins

jhmblvd357243

Change in support

I am happy with the products I have purchased through webassist, however I have to agree making it hard to contact help is problematic. Web Assist provides a lot of documentation but you have to jump around from doc to doc to find a simple answer.

I think that this forum is a good idea, I would like to see it used as an addition to support, not a total replacement, I hope that WA isn't doing what most successful e-commerce businesses do--force their users to jump through loops to get to help thus discouraging anyone from even trying.

And the captcha? I had to type into the captcha area 3 times in one hour. If your eyesight isn't great, (you happen to be a bit older than most, :)))

it's a nightmare.

mick106153

Regarding the captcha, you can refresh if not clear before entering. That's what I've done. But I do agree that WA could tweak their settings a bit to make it easier for old eyes like mine.

Mick

Anna Robinson

Originally Said By: jhmblvd357243
  I am happy with the products I have purchased through webassist, however I have to agree making it hard to contact help is problematic. Web Assist provides a lot of documentation but you have to jump around from doc to doc to find a simple answer.

I think that this forum is a good idea, I would like to see it used as an addition to support, not a total replacement, I hope that WA isn't doing what most successful e-commerce businesses do--force their users to jump through loops to get to help thus discouraging anyone from even trying.

And the captcha? I had to type into the captcha area 3 times in one hour. If your eyesight isn't great, (you happen to be a bit older than most, :)))

it's a nightmare.  

We are still providing full tech support. It's just that we are making Q&A public so they can become resources for all... and we use our private ticket system whenever sensitive information of files need to be passed. We are optimistic that this will provide LESS hoops for our customers to jump through. Sure, you may have to look through documentation on a product or search the forum to get an answer to your question, but as developers, we like having answers out there, even if it takes some searching, as opposed to waiting for someone to solve them for us. And if you can't find an answer, please just post to the forums. Our tech support team is manning them, just like they did the ticket system. And in addition, we have our Community Experts helping provide answers publicly.

We are constantly working on improving our documentation and have made giant strides in the last year. If there are any specific documentation suggestions, please feel free to start a thread in the wishlist forum so your voice can be heard on specific topics.

I just altered the CAPTCHA settings and hope the letters are a little easier to read now. Also, the CAPTCHA requirement goes away after 15 posts. Our spam posts dramatically decreased after we added CAPTCHA so we do need some level of it, despite the inconvenience.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...