close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Dreamweaver CC crashing while using the data bridge wizzard

Thread began 10/05/2013 6:59 am by tyler815351411 | Last modified 2/24/2015 10:03 am by Jason Byrnes | 3649 views | 9 replies |

tyler815351411

Dreamweaver CC crashing while using the data bridge wizzard

I recently upgraded to windows 8 and Dreamweaver CC I installed the behaviours extension before installing your data bridge extension.

But every time I go into the wizard to create my results pages etc I get the following problem.

I am ok selecting the tables etc and even changing the field names and types etc but when I try to select the pages I want e.g. search page Dreamweaver comes up with a message saying it is shutting down.

This problem has only appeared since using windows 8 and Dreamweaver CC with your extension, it has worked fine for years for me.

I have tried deleting the wincache file, shutting down the computer and reloading & even re-installing the extension. I have even now tried to install dreamweaver and your extension on my new computer, but I still get dreamweaver closing down every time I get into your wizard.

Please can you help.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Are you using one of the predefined application presets? or creating your own?

Are you having the wizard create the table for you? Or using your own table.

If using your own table, please include a SQL dump of the structure.

usually when the Data Assist wizard crashes it is due to memory leak in Dreamweaver. Here are some things I Recommend:

1) Turn of Preview - go to WebAssist -> Preferences. In the preview section, select the Disable preview option

2) before running the wizard, close the Files and Server Behaviors panels

3) If you have an Anti Virus program installed that scans files on creation, disable it before running the wizard.

4) Delete the Dreamweaver Cache file from the users configuration folder:
http://www.webassist.com/tutorials/Common-installation-issues

Then restart the computer before starting the wizard, IF you can disable any background services, that would help too.

RAll56117681

Is there a solution to this problem yet? I have tried everything that has been suggested in relation to Dreamweaver crashing when using the data assist wizard. Always crashes when using the manage pages. I'm using Dreamweaver CC 2014.1 on Windows 8.1 pro.

Is there anything else I can try please.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

What version of Data Bridge do you have installed? make sure you have the latest version, 1.2.1.

Do you also have the deprecated assert er behaviors panel installed?
http://www.webassist.com/tutorials/Deprecated-Server-Behaviors-for-Dreamweaver-Creative-Cloud

At what point does the crash occur? while the wizard is creating the pages?

Are you using one of the predefined application presets? or creating your own?

Are you having the wizard create the table for you? Or using your own table.

If using your own table, please include a SQL dump of the structure.

RAll56117681

I have Data Bridge version 1.21 installed and I also have the deprecated server behaviors installed too.

I have used Dreamweaver CS6 with Data Bridge many times and never had a problem so I'm no newbie to this.

I recently purchase a new PC and upgraded to Dreaweaver CC 2014.1 and now the problems begin.

These are the steps I am taking:

Open Data bridge

Page Settings:

Application Type: New from blank
Table: categories Key Column: category_id

Manage Pages

In the configure field settings it will be blank unless I have clicks off the table in page settings and back onto table I want to use. I can then set up field settings click ok and back to manage pages.

I then click + under define features and new dialoge opens (add selected from list). I will then select insert for example and new dialoge opens (customize your details page) I click + to add columns to add my list. This is the point where the crashes start to happen. Sometimes at this point it will crash on clicking ok. If not the list will go in then I click ok again and sometimes it may crash here. If not I can then repeat above for update page but at some point it will crash after clicking ok on one of the dialoges. I have also clicked the cancel button at both these points too and it has crash doing that too, so it appears that on the closing of either of these two dialoges Dreamwaever don't like something and crashes.

Thanks for the auto recovery I can eventually build my pages but its so annoying and time consuming having to close and open Dreamweaver all the time.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Please provide a Skype username or a US phone number and a good time to contact you when you will be in front of your computer and we will have an engineer contact you to resolve this issue over the phone.

We are available Monday - Friday from 9am - 4pm EST (except major U.S. holidays).

RAll56117681

See private message

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

using Skype, we can do a text chat session, Skype is not limited to phone only, we can do a text chat with you and a screen sharing session to troubleshoot the issue.

RAll56117681

Ok Thanks

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have forwarded your contact info to Ray, he should sending a Skype contact request to get in touch with you.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...