close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Password changing on record update

Thread began 9/03/2013 6:51 am by Hitaroo | Last modified 9/03/2013 12:54 pm by mrs | 1515 views | 5 replies |

Hitaroo

Password changing on record update

I have created user log in pages with SA. Most of it seems to be working fine. I have a problem with the update user page and the password field (MD5 encrypted). Each time I make any changes to any of the fields the password field gets updated and changed automatically. The password field is displayed as the standard black dots for password fields. Once the password is changed the user can not log in and the log in.

I have searched but can not find an answer or a solution. Please can you let me know what the problem may be?

I have the links to the pages below:

http://www.hackneyhydroponics.co.uk/admin/users_insert.php
http://www.hackneyhydroponics.co.uk/admin/users_results.php
http://www.hackneyhydroponics.co.uk/admin/users_update.php?UserID=5
http://www.hackneyhydroponics.co.uk/admin/users_detail.php?UserID=5

Many thanks in advance

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

What version of Data Bridge are you using? Make sure you are using the latest update 1.1.4

if you have a previous version installed, make sure to uninstall it from the extension manager before installing a new one.

Once you have version 1.1.4 installed, you should try recreating the pages.

Hitaroo

Hi Jason, I have downloaded and installed WA 1.1.4. I un-installed the older version and restarted my PC before installing it. I have re-generated the user pages. Upload all the new pages and uploaded the entire webassist folder. I am still have the same problem. the MD5 encrypted password field changes each time I do and update.

Thanks

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

send a copy of the update page please.

Hitaroo

Hi Jason, Please find attached all the user pages created.

Thanks

Attached Files
users_detail.php
users_insert.php
users_results.php
users_search.php
users_update.php

mrs

I see these are pages created by the Data Assist wizard, not the security assist wizard.

On the update page, make the following changes:

Edit the server validations behavior, remove the Required validation for the password and edit the EL validation for the password to allow blank entry

then edit the update record server behavior, for the password column, change the binding code froM

php:
<?php echo ((isset($_POST["UserPassword"]))?WA_MD5Encryption($_POST["UserPassword"]):""); ?>

to:

php:
<?php echo ((($_POST["UserPassword"] != ""))?WA_MD5Encryption($_POST["UserPassword"]):$row_WADAusers["UserPassword"]); ?>

remove the spry validation for the password field:

var UserPassword_Spry = new Spry.Widget.ValidationPassword("UserPassword_Spry", { minChars:6, isRequired:true , validateOn:["blur"]});

edit the password form element and remove the initial value.

this way, the password will only get updated if a new one is entered.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...