close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Two questions about the File Manager

Thread began 9/01/2013 11:17 am by Rune Brynestad | Last modified 5/25/2014 6:15 am by Rune Brynestad | 1569 views | 3 replies |

Rune Brynestad

Two questions about the File Manager

When I'm launching the File Manager, some of the thumbnails are not visible. Why?
(See the attached file Thumbnails_dataassist.png or Thumbnails_powercms.png)

I have some dataassist pages in my site with HTML editor on my update and insert pages. When I launch file manager from the HTML Editor on a DataAssist page, I'm not able to create subdirectory (See the attached file Thumbnails_dataassist.png). When I launch file manager from the HTML Editor in Power CMS, I'm able to create subdirectory (See the attached file Thumbnails_powercms.png). I hope it is possible to create subfolders from the HTML Editor on Dataassist pages too. If it's possible, what settings do I have to modify ?

If you need to troubleshoot directly, see private message.

Regards
Rune

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

The Thumbnails issue is a server configuration issue i think. it looks like the server has Denial of service protection in place that will prevent synchronous php calls.

the file manager uses a php file to get to each thumbnails, through each thumbnail is a php file call.

We are planning on migrating to CKFinder for the file manager in the next upgrade which seams to work much better than KFM amd should prevent this sort of issue.

as for the folders, this is a setting when you add the HTML Editor instance.

In HTML Editor, edit the Preset and on the general tab, select the Show Directories in File Manager option.

Rune Brynestad

Thanks for the clarification of this. The problem is much less when the customer has the opportunity to put pictures into folders.

Regards
Rune

Rune Brynestad

Migrating to CKFinder

More and more clients have problems with invisible thumbnails in the file manager. Is it a long time until you migrate to CKFinder or it is possible to have this fixed in some other way?

Regards
Rune

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...