close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

option not being added to database

Thread began 8/28/2013 9:19 am by Jamie | Last modified 8/30/2013 8:16 am by Jamie | 2457 views | 24 replies |

Jamie

option not being added to database

Hey Jason

Customer just received an order from the new site of these - http://www.simplyfluff.com/product_5/5x-small-luxury-boxes.php - but the option hasn't been added to the database and not sure how/what has gone wrong....or what info you need to be able to help me troubleshoot it...

Cheers

Jamie

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

in the order details table, make sure there is an option column.

on the confirm page, edit the store order details server behavior and bind the option column of the order details table to the option cart column.

Jamie

Thanks Jason...got that working now am trrying to get the item, sku and options to show on the order_details.php page in the backend.

I have added a new recordset (OrderDetails) to the order_details.php page but not sure how to fillter to display the relevant results to that order - or would I use a join in the WADAorder recordset and if so....how?

Also, how would I have an email sent to the site owner when an order is submitted?

Many thanks

Jamie

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

see our tutorial for creating an order history:
http://www.webassist.com/tutorials/How-to-create-an-order-history

The email depends on the gateway you are using.

If you select to use a local checkout method like Paypal payments pro, then you will be able to configure Universal Email to send an order receipt, you can configure this to send a copy to the site owner.

if you use a remote payment method like paypal payments standard, you will need to configure your paypal account to send the order receipt.

Jamie

Originally Said By: Jason Byrnes
  see our tutorial for creating an order history:
http://www.webassist.com/tutorials/How-to-create-an-order-history

thanks re the email side of things

not sure how the tut helps with what I am trying to do..

I have the 2 tables that stores all the order data, I just dont know how to get the order details displayed together (ie the buyeres details together with the actual order details) on the one page so that my client is able to see who has bought what and their address details etc

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

sorry, that linked to the wrong tutorial, try this one:
http://www.webassist.com/tutorials/Create-an-order-history-page

Jamie

ok right.. thanks

am half way there but am stuck with the WHERE statement.

In the tut, it says change the WHERE to

WHERE orderdetails.DetailOrderID = WADAOrderID AND orders.OrderUserID = paramUserID

but I dont have a WADAOrderID column or reference to it in what I am doing and not sure what I should replace that with.

Leading on from that, am not sure what the added variable should be but I guess that would become clearer when I know what the WHERE statement should read as.

Currently, my tables structures are in the image attached.

Thanks

Jamie

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

WADAOrderID is name of the variable that data assist created for the ID being passed through the URL

Your recordset should already have a where clause in place that is set to filter the the detailOrderId column on a passed in URL variable. Inthe example, that URL variable is referenced by the WADAOrderID parameter.

Jamie

Am not 100% sure I totally understand, but have used thje example as is from the tut and when I access an order record I get the following:
Unknown column 'WADAOrderID' in 'where clause'

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

lets back track.

When you have the order results page open, and click a link what is the UR: Variable name?

When first opened the recordset on the order details page, what was the recordset code, before making any changes?

the where clause in the tutorial is an example, one that you need to adapt to your pages.

your recordset probably had a different variable name being used.

That part of the tutorial is not suggesting you replace the variable in the where clause, it is only going through looking at the existing where clause and adding an additional parameter for the user ID to it.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...