close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

checkout/add to cart/continue buttons longer on testing hosting...but works on my localhost on my PC..so confused..

Thread began 8/26/2013 9:01 pm by Christopher West | Last modified 8/27/2013 8:08 am by Christopher West | 818 views | 2 replies |

Christopher WestCommunity Expert

checkout/add to cart/continue buttons no longer work on testing hosting...but works on my localhost on my PC

Hmm Jason, a little puzzled by this...as i dont believe I have changed the code so much that its done something to the ecart buttons on the product and cart pages...whats odd it all works fine on my localhost but when i uploaded it to a live testing hosting the buttons no longer work.
for example if you use the below link to go directly to the product page then click "add to cart" the page just reloads (the item does get added to the cart though as the link in the header will display quality in cart that you can click on.

http://www.webstarweb.co.uk/projects/dinky/product.php?Product=Double Print Bookmark

In addition if you were to use the Shopping Cart link in the header if you were to click on the checkout button on the main content area (not the checkout button in the header) then the page will refresh adding a ? after paypal-cart.php in the address bar.

I am wondering if its anything to do with the fact that I have uploaded the website under /projects/dinky rather than being in the root (perhaps thats why it works on my localhost and not the live hosting server)?

All the code is the same as the current live website...but on my live testing hosting I have changed the code so that the URL in the address bar uses the actual product names rather then the productID...plus I have added a form in the menu and some ther tweaks that shouldnt interfere with the ecart side of things.

Chris

Resolved....it was due to a carriage return that created an empty line of space.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

it is probably a php error occurring but error reporting is turned off.

to turn error reporting on, add the following code at line 1:

php:
<?php

error_reporting
(E_ALL);
ini_set('display_errors','on');
?>

once we know what the error is, we will be able to troubleshoot the cause.

Christopher WestCommunity Expert

Hey Jason, As I mention at the bottom of my post, it was resolved....Basically after some troubleshooting, Ray found out that it was to do with a carriage return between some include files at the very top of my page which the redirect didnt like spacing.

Chris

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...