close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Registration Wizard errors

Thread began 8/15/2013 7:45 am by rob75685 | Last modified 8/28/2013 7:28 am by rob75685 | 1892 views | 8 replies |

rob75685

Registration Wizard errors

hi there

I've tried setting up the SecurityAssist wizard but am getting lots of errors and warnings - see screen grabs

I've re-installed SecurityAssist and cleared my Dreamweaver cache but to no avail

I've attached a screen grab of my Extensions...

Thanks for your help

Sign in to reply to this post

rob75685

This post has been deleted.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

what version of Dreamweaver are you using?

The version of form builder you have installed is a rather old one, make sure that you are installing that version of Form builder before installing HTML Editor, Security Assist and Data Assist.

those stand alone versions that you are using have been discontinued. I would suggest looking into upgrading to the newer Design Extender, Data Bridge, and Free tools extensions. They offer a Number of Upgrades over your current versions (Form Builder 2, Data Assist 3, updates to Pro Maps as a few examples)

rob75685

hi Jason

Thanks for your quick response.

I'm using DW CS3 - I'll try removing all extensions then installing Form Builder first

I don't want to upgrade if I can help it just due to the cost

rob75685

hi Jason

If I go ahead with the upgrade - can you look at my Extension list and let me know which ones I should delete prior to installing Data Bridge

thanks

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Data Bridge includes the following extensions:

--CSS Button Styler
--CSS Form Builder
--DataAssist
--Digital File Pro
--Dynamic Connections
--Dynamic Dropdowns
--Dynamic Web Charts
--Form Toolkit
--HTML Editor
--Image Resizer
--SecurityAssist
--Universal Email
--Validation Tooltips for Spry
--Framework Builder

if you have any of those installed, you should remove them before installing it

for Design Extender, these extensions are included:
-- CSS Sculptor
-- CSS Menu Writer
-- Framework Builder
-- PowerCMS Builder
-- Pro Maps for Google
-- Site Import
-- Site Sculptor
-- Social Media Toolkit

all of those extensions would need to be removed before installing design Extender.

rob75685

thanks for your help Jason

I'm probably going to go for the upgrade - I have a site that I've just completed using my old extensions, if I upgrade to DataBridge will this have an effect on my finished site if I want to make any amends ? ie clashes, things not working etc

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

There may be some issues encountered with using the newer versions to edit older sites, but they can be pretty easily corrected.
the newer versions will use a different folder structure for the include files. so you may end up with multiple references on a page that will cause errors about redeclaring functions. this can be fixed by deleting the older include line.

rob75685

This post has been deleted.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...