close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

SecurityAssist- 500 Server error after register or login

Thread began 8/16/2009 11:09 pm by david353947 | Last modified 8/28/2009 4:24 pm by Eric Mittman | 3060 views | 8 replies |

david353947

SecurityAssist- 500 Server error after register or login

I've implemented the registration and login pages and the user is inserted to the database when I run a sql script, however whne I'm redirected to the Profile page I get a 500 server error...likewise when I enter a duplicate email address when registering I also get a 500 server error uponj redirect to the next page. Please help.

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

If you are testing in IE and have the friendly error messages on you will need to turn this off. To do so go to Tools > Internet Options > Advanced. In here find the 'show friendly http error messages' and uncheck it. You will need to close and reopen your browser to see the changes.

If you are not using IE and are not seeing the friendly error messages then you may be seeing a custom 500 error from your host. If this is the case you will need to have then enable regular error messaging for your account. Let us know how this goes for you.

david353947

still same 500 server error message when trying to go to

After deselecting the show friendly http error messages in IE I still get the same 500 server error. Anyway you can call me for a quick run-through?

Eric Mittman

I edited your last post to remove the phone number as this is a public forum and anyone in the world can view it.

I did receive the other message that listed the number as well so I have it. If you are still getting the 500 error there is not much that I will be able to do with you until you can get the actual error to show. Do you have access to Firefox, or any other non IE browser? If so you should use one of these to ensure that it is not just something in IE that you are experiencing.

If you get the same result this indicates that your hosts has enabled a custom 500 level error page. You will need to contact your host to have them turn this off for you so that you can view the server side errors that are occurring. Once you get an error message it will be possible to debug what is occurring, until this though it would only be guessing as to what the problem may be. Please post back here with whatever result you get, if we need to continue this in a support ticket to exchange files I will open one up for you.

david353947

SecureAssist 500 Server error

I had my hosting company turn on error reporting and recieved the following error...

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '@hyperapps.com' at line 1

To reiterate, I can fill-in the fileds on my registration page and register with the database being updated with the new user info however when I try to go to the Profile page or try to login, I get the error message above.

Technical Support Representative

It looks like there may be a problem with the value that is stored in the session to represent the user when logged in. It looks like you are looking up the user based on the user email and it may be trying to compare this with the userID. On your profile page you should have this line of code:

$WAATKusers = mysql_query($query_WAATKusers, $your_connection) or die(mysql_error());

Just above this line add in this:

die($query_WAATKusers);

You may need to adjust this if your table name is different, just make sure you use the same $query_ variable that is referenced in your code. This will print the query to the screen, with the whole query it will be more clear what the problem is with it.

david353947

server 500 error

I see the error...not sure how to fix in the code...
the email address does not have quotes surrounding it...

Here is the sql error and the code below...

SELECT * FROM visitors WHERE VisitorEmail = dave@hyperapps.com

<?php
$ParamVisitorEmail_WAATKvisitors = "-1";
if (isset($_SESSION['VisitorEmail'])) {
$ParamVisitorEmail_WAATKvisitors = (get_magic_quotes_gpc()) ? $_SESSION['VisitorEmail'] : addslashes($_SESSION['VisitorEmail']);
}
mysql_select_db($database_isabelt, $isabelt);
$query_WAATKvisitors = sprintf("SELECT * FROM visitors WHERE VisitorEmail = %s", $ParamVisitorEmail_WAATKvisitors);
die($query_WAATKvisitors);
$WAATKvisitors = mysql_query($query_WAATKvisitors, $isabelt) or die(mysql_error());
$row_WAATKvisitors = mysql_fetch_assoc($WAATKvisitors);
$totalRows_WAATKvisitors = mysql_num_rows($WAATKvisitors);
?>

david353947

Server 500 error

Please get back to me with a solution ASAP...I have a deadline of tomorrow night to get this site live and in production due to a press release and producers from NBC looking into the product we're selling.

Eric Mittman

Sorry that this did not get updated sooner, it somehow got associated with the default Technical Support Representative user by mistake.

I think the easiest way to get the quotes around the value would be to just add them in on this line:

$query_WAATKvisitors = sprintf("SELECT * FROM visitors WHERE VisitorEmail = %s", $ParamVisitorEmail_WAATKvisitors);

You can update it like this for single quotes:
$query_WAATKvisitors = sprintf("SELECT * FROM visitors WHERE VisitorEmail = '%s'", $ParamVisitorEmail_WAATKvisitors);

Or like this for double quotes:
$query_WAATKvisitors = sprintf("SELECT * FROM visitors WHERE VisitorEmail = \"%s\"", $ParamVisitorEmail_WAATKvisitors);

I think the problem is that it is expecting the userID here and not a string value like the email address.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...