close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Shipping not calculated on pp_confirm.php page

Thread began 8/07/2013 4:08 pm by Robert Crespo | Last modified 8/07/2013 9:16 pm by Ray Borduin | 674 views | 2 replies |

Robert Crespo

Shipping not calculated on pp_confirm.php page

Hello WebAssist staff, I have a problem that has been vexing me all day. When my customers pay using PayPal express checkout the UPS shipping is not displayed on the pp_confirm.php page. The shipping is calculated and displayed on the pp_checkout_success.php which takes my customers by surprise. The UPS shipping is calculated correctly on my regular local checkout confirm.php page. Can someone look into this as I need to be able to show the UPS calculation before my customer clicks the final confirmation button to complete a sale.

Regards,
Robert

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Update line 273 from:

if ($_SERVER["REQUEST_METHOD"] == "POST") {

to:

if ("" == "") {

This issue is that it is only calculating shipping after the form posts and not before the page loads like it needs to.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Robert Crespo

Problem has been resolved

Ray, in addition to your suggestion of using

if ("" == "") {

I have to change lines 294 - 296 from:

$Shipping_Parameters["ShiptoCity"] = "".((isset($_POST["shipping_city"]))?$_POST["shipping_city"]:"") ."";
$Shipping_Parameters["ShiptoState"] = "".((isset($_POST["shipping_state_province"]))?$_POST["shipping_state_province"]:"") ."";
$Shipping_Parameters["ShiptoZip"] = "".((isset($_POST["shipping_postcode"]))?$_POST["shipping_postcode"]:"") ."";

To the following:

$Shipping_Parameters["ShiptoCity"] = "".WA_PP_ECO_GetValue($WA_PP_ECO_GetResult, "CityName") ."";
$Shipping_Parameters["ShiptoState"] = "".WA_PP_ECO_GetValue($WA_PP_ECO_GetResult, "StateOrProvince") ."";
$Shipping_Parameters["ShiptoZip"] = "".WA_PP_ECO_GetValue($WA_PP_ECO_GetResult, "PostalCode") ."";

All in well. Thank you for your help.

Regards,
Robert

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...