close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Shifting layout when using inline editor

Thread began 8/03/2013 11:57 pm by CraigR | Last modified 8/08/2013 10:33 am by Ray Borduin | 1493 views | 7 replies |

CraigRBeta Tester

Shifting layout when using inline editor

I have a page with a 3 column section, one of which is editable via powercms in-line

When an admin is logged in and is viewing the page, the second and third columns will shift to below the first.

Looking at the source in FF, it looks like the result of the inline editor css causes my first column div tags to be outermost, so that the second and third columns appear children of the first, therefore appearing below it.

The only way I can 'fix' this is to add the 'true' parameter to my CMS content line as the 5th parameter, disabling inline editing on this page.

Is there a better fix ?

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

It is probably something in the css.... I'd have to take a look at the page to see what the fix might be.

Could you provide a URL and login in the private message area for me to take a look at the page you are working on? I might be able to figure out what causes it and come up with a fix.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

CraigRBeta Tester

PM

Ray BorduinWebAssist

It looks like it is placing the <div> containers for editing improperly. I've reached out to you on Skype, please reply to my post and I'll try to help you debug and get it working properly.

CraigRBeta Tester

PM

CraigRBeta Tester

PM

Ray BorduinWebAssist

This was an issue with an old version of the WA_CMS.php include file. It had a bug where the <div> tags created by the editor weren't properly closed. We updated the file to the latest version and that seems to have corrected this issue.

CraigRBeta Tester

cheers Ray.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...