close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

ecart final stages questions/issues

Thread began 7/09/2013 8:13 am by Jamie | Last modified 7/17/2013 12:59 pm by Jason Byrnes | 4335 views | 31 replies |

Jamie

ecart final stages questions/issues

Hi Jason

Just using ecart to do my first ecommerce site and have almost got to the end but have some questions:

1. I have created a cart summary to go at the top of each page. It includes no. of items, total value and a button to go to my cart.php page - how do I get the button to link to cart.php?

2. on the shopping cart page (cart.php) how do I get the 'continue shopping' button to go to a specific page?

3. on the checkout.php page, I am assuming that if I want to validate/require a field its just a normal process as one would do with the formbuilder? Same Q for adding another field.

4. on the confirm.php page. When you click on modify info, it takes you back to the cart.php page and all the fields are empty - how would I go about filling the fields in that have already been completed allowing the visitor to change whichever they needed to change?

5. on clicking on checkout, I get taken to the paypal page but all the valuesin the summary area are in $ - how do I go about changing that to £?

6. when adding an item to the shopping cart, the page redirects/refreshes to the non rewritten URL - where would I change that?

7. on the paypal page, in the summary section it says 'Item number: 2' - what is that referencing?

Thanks

Jamie

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

1) Add a link to the cart button. set the type of the button element to button and in the property inspector, set the link to the cart page.

2) You can do the same with the continue shopping button to link it to a specific page

3 - 4) see the following tutorials:
http://www.webassist.com/tutorials/Add-server-validation-to-your-web-forms

http://www.webassist.com/tutorials/Add-a-form-field-to-your-existing-web-form

5) What paypal system, are you using? Paypal standard? if so, find the following form element on the confirm page:
<input type="hidden" name="currency_code" id="currency_code" value="USD" />

and change it to:
<input type="hidden" name="currency_code" id="currency_code" value="GBP" />

6) You would change that in the eCart Add to cart server behavior

7) I would that would be referencing the items ID.

Jamie

Thanks for the responses Jason

I am really struggling with 3 and 4 - have gone through the tuts but it just isnt working... have attached files and a PM

Thanks

Jamie

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

In the server validation server behavior, you have not set a trigger. when applying server validation, you need to select a trigger, i suggest selecting the checkout button from the checkout form as the trigger.

Jamie

thanks Jason... am getting there

have got the validations pretty much done but the telephone number keeps being errored... do I need to change something somewhere to accommodate UK phone number formatting?

also on validations, how do I add the additional validations as the visitor goes through the form to ensure they complete the fields as they go through it?

I did temporarily make the phone field only a required field (rather than a phone field) and the validation passed but the form didnt go through to the confirm.php page... just stayed on the checkout.php page.....

edit... have also just noticed that after I try to checkout, when the page reloads and is showing the telephone field as requiring change, if I remove any of the pre-validated info (eg the post code) and try to checkout again, the blank post code field doesnt show the validation....

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

In the server validation for the phone number, you can set the phone number format to allow.

you can add additional validations for the fields to the server validation behavior.

for each validation that you add, make sure to add a validation show if to the checkout page so that you know which form fields are failing validation.

It sounds to me like you have some validations in place that do not have a corresponding validation show if to show what is failing validation.

Jamie

Originally Said By: Jason Byrnes
  In the server validation for the phone number, you can set the phone number format to allow.  

is this on the confirm.asp page? if so, when i double click server validations and the one that is for the telephone, I only have 3 options to change and 2 of those are greyed out (allow intl (greyed out), force area code (greyed out) and allow blank entry)

you can add additional validations for the fields to the server validation behavior.  

what would I set as the trigger as this would be before they click on the checkout button..?

for each validation that you add, make sure to add a validation show if to the checkout page so that you know which form fields are failing validation.
It sounds to me like you have some validations in place that do not have a corresponding validation show if to show what is failing validation.  

all the validations have definitely got a valifdation show if

i am getting myself tied up in knots with this

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Originally Said By: Jamie
  is this on the confirm.asp page? if so, when i double click server validations and the one that is for the telephone, I only have 3 options to change and 2 of those are greyed out (allow intl (greyed out), force area code (greyed out) and allow blank entry)

what would I set as the trigger as this would be before they click on the checkout button..?

all the validations have definitely got a valifdation show if

i am getting myself tied up in knots with this  

Jamie

PM

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

PM

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...