close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

PS4 layout wrapped after uploading PS3 (or older) product table

Thread began 7/08/2013 6:44 am by Jared Lui | Last modified 7/08/2013 7:36 am by Jason Byrnes | 461 views | 2 replies |

Jared Lui

PS4 layout wrapped after uploading PS3 (or older) product table

I manually uploaded the product table from an old PS install of 5+ years ago after adding the missing columns and matching the settings, etc.

Everything is fine except that the layout is messed up. For instance the index page using the default layout has the Featured, About, Most Popular columns wrapping under each other rather than floating across.

I'm guessing that this is due to the size of the thumbnail images being larger in the older PS? So to fix I would need to tweak the CSS?

I wont have a chance to mess with it until later today. Just wanted to see if I'm barking up the right tree. And if someone knows the correct file off the top of their head. If not, later when I figure it out I'll post the result.

Thanks!

Sign in to reply to this post

Jared Lui

UPDATE

I just got home and did some testing. I am not sure what the problem was as swapping between the default test images and the images I had in place didn't make a difference and looking at the CSS there should not have been an issue. Anyway, when I removed the old product table and replaced it with the default one it seemed fine. When I replaced it again it was messed up.

What I ended up doing was changing the featured product tot another item and it fixed it. Even reverting back to the old featured item seems to be okay now. I'm guessing that the data needed to be refreshed??

This may never happen to anyone else but if so, there you go...

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

The PS3 products table does not have the same structure as the PS4 products table.

you will need to run the install/scripts/runsynch.php file to update the products table so it includes all columns

if you need further assistance, please post a link where i can see the problem.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...