close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Dreamweaver CC Compatibility

Thread began 6/25/2013 6:41 am by Jason Byrnes | Last modified 11/08/2013 8:42 am by Jason Byrnes | 22538 views | 15 replies |

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Dreamweaver CC Compatibility

In the Download center, a ZXP Version of eCart is available to install into Dreamweaver CC.

Before installing the eCart ZXP Extension, make sure you have installed the Deprecated Server Behaviors extension that Adobe has made available, see this tutorial for details:
http://www.webassist.com/community/tutorials/view_tutorial.php?tid=233

While installing the extension on Mac OS, you may encounter an Error stating:
"Failed to update database, the extension will not be installed"

This is a bug in the CC Extension manager that will be corrected by Adobe soon, The extension has, in fact, been installed and can be accessed through the menus in Dreamweaver.

Sign in to reply to this post

Art

CC? Don't bother!

Adobe has thumbed it's nose at devoted customers by forcing this Creative "Crap" down our throats.

Stick with version CS6 and send a message to Adobe.

doug425125

Originally Said By: Jason Byrnes
  In the Download center, a ZXP Version of eCart is available to install into Dreamweaver CC.

Before installing the eCart ZXP Extension, make sure you have installed the Deprecated Server Behaviors extension that Adobe has made available, see this tutorial for details:
http://www.webassist.com/community/tutorials/view_tutorial.php?tid=233

While installing the extension on Mac OS, you may encounter an Error stating:
"Failed to update database, the extension will not be installed"

This is a bug in the CC Extension manager that will be corrected by Adobe soon, The extension has, in fact, been installed and can be accessed through the menus in Dreamweaver.  

Thanks Jason

Is there a remedy to remove Webassist extensions, if we need to re-install, seeing as none are visable after they have been installed by Extension Manager CC. ( I realize that they will eventually fix this, but until then?)

Does the installation order remain the same in Dreamweaver CC as in CS6?

1. eCart
2. Free Tools?
3. Design Extender?
4. Data Bridge

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you would need to rename the users configuration folder to uninstall the extensions.

for help locating the users configuration folder, see the following tutorial:
http://www.webassist.com/community/tutorials/view_tutorial.php?tid=95

if you rename that folder, all extension will be uninstalled. you can then use the extension manager to re install them.

yes, use the same install order. really the install order only has one rule:
dont install eCart last.

the others can be installed in any order.

I prefer the order listed though.

doug425125

Thanks Jason.. good to know. BTW, Design Extender shows after installation.. but I'm sure you already knew this ;)

Doug

Heckie

I keep getting issues when editing the server behaviours - whenever I make changes, the php code gets inserted into random places, usually in the middle of other behaviours which obviously causes errors.

I have installed the Extensions in this order - Server Behaviours, eCart, Design Extender, Data Bridge.

I renamed the Configuration folder, then reinstalled them all, but same thing happens.

Using Mac OSX 10.8.4.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Please provide more details.

Please provide steps you are taking to produce the problem so I can try to reproduce.

Heckie

Hmmm, randomly I just started up DW to take some screen shots and its working fine. I'll let you know if it occurs again.

doug425125

Help..

Hi Jason
I have just started using the CC suite, and I'm having lots of trouble with the WA extensions and JS errors. I was running a trial version previously, and have just started my subscription to the new suite. I must have installed the WA extension previously, and then when I went to check extensions installed and did not see any WA extensions, so tried to install eCart 5.07. ( then realized what happened) I think this may have messed things up as Design Extender etc. were already installed.. as was eCart. My mistake.. so if I rename the configuration folder to "ConfigurationAug13" for example, and then reinstall the extensions again.. does it leave the contents intact in the "ConfigurationAug13" folder, and can I simply delete this folder afterwards? Also, I'm assuming I will need to reinstall other third party extensions as well?..

Thanks,
Doug

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Yes, the renamed configuration folder will be left untouched, and the other 3rd party extensions will also need to be installed.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...