close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Custom Shipping Rule - For A Single Product That Ships Separately

Thread began 6/25/2013 3:53 am by peterm.bruce341471 | Last modified 7/06/2013 2:40 am by peterm.bruce341471 | 1987 views | 12 replies |

peterm.bruce341471

Custom Shipping Rule - For A Single Product That Ships Separately

Hi guys,

Same old chestnut, custom shipping. I've followed other threads and in DW edited the ecart object with a custom shipping rule which is adding the correct amount but the amount is not explained in the cart so the customer will just think the total is wrong. What I am trying to do is this:-

Some of our products are shipped direct from the webstore to the client some are drop shipped directly from the distributor of the product (one product range at the moment). For this product then I need to sense it in the cart and add either £8.60 drop ship for any quantity up to 20 KG of that product and another amount for orders over 20 KG. If this product is the only product in the cart then the other shipping options need to disappear as the £8.60 covers it. If it's an international order then I need to add the £8.60 (or greater depending on volume) to get the product drop shipped to the webstore depot then add shipping for the whole international order as usual.

So Far I've added a shipping rule to the ecart object and uploaded the files. The rule detects "if presence of item 48 exists in the cart -> calculation -> based on the quantity of an item <= 44 plus £8.60"

Can you help? Really struggling with this one.

Peter

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I'm sorry, i'm not following how you want the shipping to be calculated.

can you please provide a numbered list of the shipping conditions and amounts that may make a little more sense.

peterm.bruce341471

Shipping Amounts

We're using the Fedex and UPS API's for most shipping. But I have one product that needs to be charged at the set rate of £8.60 see store details below.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

This is a power store site. Power Store does not support the type of shipping you are trying to create.

For the drop ship products, edit the product, on the Additional settings tab, you can set the per item shipping rate and set it to exclude from all shipping rules.

Power store does not support a weight range for this option though.

With the paypal express checkout, the user will go to the paypal site to set the shipping and billing address, they are then redirected back to your site, when they are redirected back, the shipping will be applied and they can confirm the order.

peterm.bruce341471

Wrong Total

Jason,

Thanks for the help but if I do this it will add £8.60 to every tin of product instead of 0-20KG this will not be right. If I can't make this work powerstore is no good - we'll have to start form scratch!!

Peter

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

It would require hand coding to modify power stores shipping to work the way you want.

If you like we could help with this in a premiere support incident:
http://www.webassist.com/premier_request.php

peterm.bruce341471

Premier Support

Jason,

I probably would consider that, although I do feel let down - powerstore is not as customizable as it appears. However I just need this sorted out but I checked the link you gave and it says the support is only for an hour and I'm concerned this will not be resolved in that hour then costs will escalate and we're out of budget for this.

We used Shop-script before and I have to say I found it much more adaptable! I just didn't like the smarty templates!

Will this definitely be resolved in the timeframe?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I cannot guarantee the amount of time it would take to implement this customization, it is quite possible that it could be completed in an hour, but it is also possible it would take longer.

peterm.bruce341471

Refund

Jason,

Thank you again for your kind help I really do appreciate it.

I cannot commit to a limitless process to perform something that really should be possible within the software. Powerstore really is still quite limited compared to some other alternatives. It has also been very problematic from start to finish to get running and I've wasted a lot of hours on it only to find I must abandon it at a crucial moment on what should be a very simple process.

I think I need to get a refund and start again with a product I know will work. Can you please arrange this for me.

I'll watch out for future upgrades to the software and see if some of the issues get resolved in later releases. If they do I'll definitely be back so no hard feelings.

Thanks.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

WE offer a 15 day refund period, please email or sales department at sales@webassist.com to request a refund.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...