close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

User level & Access Group Manager

Thread began 6/17/2013 10:55 am by davegw | Last modified 6/18/2013 2:35 pm by Jason Byrnes | 1059 views | 5 replies |

davegw

User level & Access Group Manager

I'm confused about whether access groups set up in Access Group Manager require an extra field in the User table for UserLevel.
If so, should I be using a session based on the user's UserLevel to restrict access to pages? The archived User level Authentication pdf says yes, but the SecurityAssist help page does not refer to User Levels.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

The security assist wizard does not create user Level access by default, the archived tutorial goes through how to add it after the wizard has created the initial pages.

It does require setting the User Level session variable as outlined in the tutorial you reference, that tutorial was written for SA1, but the concept is the same in SA2.

davegw

Thanks Jason - I'll go through the tutorial. This thread was also very useful: www.webassist.com/forums/posts.php?id=25732

BTW the SA help documentation linked from www.webassist.com/support/data-bridge is not showing anything - just one page about Access Points

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Thanks for pointing that out, I will forward this to the webmaster to have them correct the problem.

davegw

Adding extra userLevel field to registration & update user pages created by SA

I'm trying to add a userLevel menu field to the registration & update user pages created by the SA create pages wizard. I created a UserLevel table containing the UserLevel_ID & corresponding access group that is linked to the Users table, then added a dynamic select field to the forms on each page. I assume Spry Select validation is implemented first, then Server validation, then Validation Show If applied to message, then WA Validated Entry binding applied to the actual field in case the submission fails. Is this is the correct order?

Then there are the divs with linegroup & errorgroup classes and the other CSS like formTextField_Medium. Should I try to mimic how this is constructed in the other fields, or is there an easier way of adding extra fields to these wizard-created pages? Please tell me there is!

Cheers
Dave

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

to get the structure of the of the new elements to fit the design, you should copy an existing line group and add the select list to the new line.

It's not 100% necessary, but it does preserve the forms design.

once you have a div in place for the select list, add a spry select list, and a recordset to return the available group levels.

select the list in design view, then in the property inspector, click the dynamic button to set the list to populate from the recordset.

once the list is in place, you can edit the server validation behavior to add validation, and add the validation show if.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...