close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

MySQL connection problems

Thread began 8/14/2009 11:16 am by martistott342331 | Last modified 3/03/2010 1:36 pm by troyd | 2703 views | 7 replies |

martistott342331

MySQL connection problems

I am using a PHP/MySQL system, and Dreamweaver 8. I am having the same connection problems with both SecurityAssisst and Datassist.

When I try to create the MySQL connection, I receive the following error:

MySQL error#: 1045

Access denied for user 'reflec3'@'localhost'(using password: YES)

Also, previous connections for another site that I have used with both SecurityAssist and Datassist successfully now show under the Dreamweaver tab as having no tables.

I have contacted my domain and attached a file that I copied from another site and changed the relevant info. such as login, etc. They report no errors with the file or problems reported with the database server.

Attached is the file that I submitted to the domain as an example.

Sign in to reply to this post

adam.evans4398371

Same Here

I have the same exact problem, I can't figure it out! I've already spent 6 hours with my support team with no results. :( I included every possible detail I could think of in this attachment.

Thank you.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Adam, log into your CPanel, click the first link under Databases to examine the databases section.

This section shows that you have one database created named "sababas2_telaviv" and that there is only one user created "sababas2_yafo" so when creating the connection, set the user to "sababas2_yafo" and the database name to "sababas2_telaviv"

many host make it difficult to connect to a remote MySQL server from your local computer.

It is usually simpler to install a local testing server for development, then change the connection file details once you upload to the remote server.

For details on installing a testing server, see the learning resources page:
resources.php

NOTE, you should probably change your cpanel login info

michael278218

Having Same problem in Dreamweaver CS4

I am getting the same message from my server. Is it still the case that I need to setup a local testing server or is there now a solution/work around to working on the server direct?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

It is dependent on your host. Some hosts do not allow connection to the MySQL server from outside computers. Some hosts will require you to register the IP address of computers that are allowed to connect. you need to check with the host to see what their policy is regarding outside computers connecting to the MySQL server.

If they do allow outside connections, they should be able to help you in creating the connection, if not, then you will need a local testing server.

michael278218

Thank you

Thanks for your response. They helped to a point, but couldn't understand why so many of their other users were able to connect remotely and yet I couldn't. They checked all my settings and set up test pages that verified the database from their side, but still Dreamweaver didn't connect so I have had to concede and installed MAMP locally. Working so far and at least I am able to get on with the building and testing of the site. It will teach me to not rely on Dreamweaver so much. So thanks again.

neilo

martistott342331,

Just wondering if your issue has been resolved (or responded to)?

troyd

I had the exact same thing happen to me after months of working on a site. All other sites were still working fine remotely, but one particular site would not allow me to select a table or view a table from with DW.

Finally, I just logged into my Cpanel and deleted that user. Recreated it with a new password, added that user to the database and updated my connection file. It all works now. Not sure what happened.

TroyD

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...