close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Log out not working with Log me in automatically

Thread began 6/03/2013 10:32 am by Hitaroo | Last modified 6/04/2013 9:00 am by Hitaroo | 3099 views | 6 replies |

Hitaroo

Log out not working with Log me in automatically

I have created a user log in form with remember my information and Log me in automatically check boxes and a log out page using SecurityAssist.

Please see link below:

http://www.hackneyhydroponics.co.uk/demo/index.php
e-mail: jason@hitaroo.com
password: hhypass

The log in form works fine as it should do with the remember my information and Log me in automatically check boxes checked.

It remembers user details when the Remember my information check box is checked.

It log me in automatically when the Log me in automatically check box is checked.

I have created a log out link on the log in successful page which goes to the log out page created with SecurityAssist. All fine up to here - the problem is that the log out page does not work and does not work and does not log out the user!

If I click the log out link it takes me to the log out page, I close my browser window and re-open the browser and go to the log in page it logs me in automatically and does not ask for username or password.

I have found the same issue on the Webassist live website. I log into my account click the log out link it takes me to the log out page, I close the browser, reopen the browser go to any page on the Webassist website and it logs me in automatically and I can assess all my account details.

The only way I can log out of the Webassist website and my log in page is to clear cookies manually from my computer. This is not very secure as I access my account on the Wbassist website from work and I am logged in at all times as I have discovered today.

On the log out page I have the following code:

<?php
@session_start();
if ("" == "") {
// WA_ClearSession
$clearAll = TRUE;
$clearThese = explode(",","");
if($clearAll) {
foreach ($_SESSION as $key => $value){
unset($_SESSION[$key]);
}
}
else{
foreach($clearThese as $value) {
unset($_SESSION[$value]);
}
}
}

Please help!

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

That is the way it is supposed to work.

the remember me and auto login option stores the username and password in a cookie.

The logout page deletes the users session, it doesn't delete the cookies.

when the user visits the login page, the cookies are still set, so the user is logged in and a new session is created.

the user would need to remove the cookies from the browsers cache to stop the auto login from logging them in, it is not dependent on the logout page.

Hitaroo

Ok thanks, is there a way of deleting / clearing cookies so that the user is totally logged out once clicking the log out link?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

that would defeat the purpose of having the autologin option on your site, just remove the auto login option if you don't want them to be automatically logged in.

Hitaroo

Originally Said By: Jason Byrnes
  that would defeat the purpose of having the autologin option on your site, just remove the auto login option if you don't want them to be automatically logged in.  

Hi Jason,
I have rest the cookies on the log out pages, which were set on the login page to a minus time period to achieve what the client requires.

The client will be using one PC between three staff on a two day per week sift system and the staff have to log out of their account after their two day sift before the next staff comes in to work.

I have used the following code to reset the cookies it seems to work is this correct?

<?php
if ("" == "") {
setcookie("RememberMePWD", "", time()-(60*60*24*30), "/", "", 0);
}
?>
<?php
if ("" == "") {
setcookie("RememberMeUN", "", time()-(60*60*24*30), "/", "", 0);
}
?>
<?php
if ("" == "") {
setcookie("RememberMePWD", "", time()-(60*60*24*30), "/", "", 0);
}
?>
<?php
if ("" == "") {
setcookie("RememberMeUN", "", time()-(60*60*24*30), "/", "", 0);
}
?>
<?php
if ("" == "") {
setcookie("AutoLoginPWD", "", time()-(60*60*24*30), "/", "", 0);
}
?>
<?php
if ("" == "") {
setcookie("AutoLoginUN", "", time()-(60*60*24*30), "/", "", 0);
}
?>
<?php
if ("" == "") {
setcookie("AutoLoginPWD", "", time()-(60*60*24*30), "/", "", 0);
}
?>
<?php
if ("" == "") {
setcookie("AutoLoginUN", "", time()-(60*60*24*30), "/", "", 0);
}
?>

Thanks

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

yes, that looks correct.

Hitaroo

reat, Thanks for your time.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...