close ad
WARNING: Do Not Install the DREAMWEAVER CC 2017 Update »
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Pages produced by DataAssist wizard not working

Thread began 6/03/2013 8:23 am by Roxana | Last modified 6/20/2013 7:47 pm by Roxana | 1043 views | 16 replies |

Roxana

Pages produced by DataAssist wizard not working

Hi,

I have successfully used the DataAssist wizard to create pages for updating my database before.

Now I wanted to create a few more pages, and it didn't work. This is what happened:

After the pages where generated, I wanted to try them out by typing this in the address bar: http://127.0.0.1/shop_multi-lingual/admin/tblversion_results.php

The page displayed without problem, but when I started a search, I just got an error message: Column 'language_id' in where clause is ambiguous

So I looked at the record set (there was one recordset). When I double clicked the recordset, the one recordset split into two without altering the page.

There is no WHERE clause in either of the recordsets, so I don't understand the error message.

When I now try to reload the initial page (without searching), I still get the same error message instead of the page I got when I first tried to access the page.

I tried the wizard again with another table, but still got the same results.

Could you please help me?

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

please send a copy of the pages so i can look at the code.

Sign in to reply to this post

Roxana

Hi Jason,

I tried this with other tables, with the same results. Once I start a search, I get the "Column 'language_id' in where clause is ambiguous".

Also, I used the result page to delete one record (1 language), and it deleted the records with the same product id for all 7 languages.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

This problem happens if you use the same column name in 2 tables.

I always recommend using unique column names in each table.

The naming convention i like to use for naming columns is to prefix the table name to the column name

where you are working with a version and language table, and example would be:

versions:
versionID - primary key
versionCompond
versionDescription
versionLanguageID - relates to languages.languageID
etc....

languages:
languageID - primary key
languageName
etc....

Using this naming convention prevents the ambiguous name error and prevents confusion since you can more readily identify the table a column name refers to by it's name.

to fix the probelm in your current pages, edit this code:
$WADbSearch1->addComparisonFromEdit("language_id","language_id","AND","=",1);

to:

$WADbSearch1->addComparisonFromEdit("tbllanguage.language_id","language_id","AND","=",1);


the page you sent only deletes from the tblversion table, not the language table, i suspect the problem on your other page is related to the Key Column you selected.

Sign in to reply to this post

Roxana

Thank you, Jason, that fixed this problem.

The other problem I mentioned occurred on the pages I generated for tblname2 (also a language relevant tbl). On those pages I selected a record in polish and deleted it (right on the result page), but it deleted not only the polish record, but the records with the same id for all other languages. I did not mean it deleted records in other tables.

I think this will happen again, also with tblversion, because when I click on the version id to open the detail page, it will open the german record, not the language that was displayed when I clicked on the version id.


What baffles me is, that I used the same wizard to generate pages for another, also language relevant table. And with those pages I have no problems. It opens the detail page in the chosen language and only updates that language.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I'll need to troubleshoot directly, see the private message section.

Sign in to reply to this post

Roxana

Hi Jason,

I did not put the pages online. I do all data entry on my local server and then upload the sql file to the external server.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Originally Said By: Roxana
  Hi Jason,

I did not put the pages online. I do all data entry on my local server and then upload the sql file to the external server.  
Sign in to reply to this post

Roxana

Thanks, Jason

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Originally Said By: Roxana
  Thanks, Jason  
Sign in to reply to this post
loading

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...