close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

User Registration Solution Pack

Thread began 8/14/2009 6:01 am by michaelf0199272 | Last modified 8/28/2009 3:50 am by michaelf0199272 | 5571 views | 10 replies |

michaelf0199272

User Registration Solution Pack

I was trying to connect the Connection\localhost which came with the package to a user registration data base which was built using the sql script that came with the package.

Each time that I tried to do this -- it always gave the error:

"MySql Error#:2005
Unknown MySQL Server Host
'mysql' (11004)"

*** I need someone from the forum who is very good -- not just good, but very good (expert or near expert) who can tutor or help set all these solutions up. Let me know your hourly rate, and we can work something out. I need some one who is more like an expert with webassist dynamic products to hold my hand so I can get to speed on all of these stuffs.

Many thanks,

Michael

Sign in to reply to this post

michaelf0199272

User Registration Solution Package

I was able to fix this issues. --

Now I have other issue. I have finally uploaded my site to my hosting server -- though this is just for testing to make sure that all the component parts are working.

At the point where it needed me to verify my email -- it did not seem like it was sending out the link to be verified, because I did not receive anything.

This is the page where it got stucked. -- It will not let me go any further until the email is verified.

users_Profile.php?sent=true

I did not receive any email.

Please below find the configuration of my WA_Globals

$WAGLOBAL_Root_URL = "http://www.xceldatatechnologies.com/" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Captcha_Width = "200" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Captcha_Height = "40" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Captcha_Characters = "5" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Captcha_Font = "Fonts/MOM_T___.TTF" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Captcha_BG = "ffffff" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Captcha_Noise = "000000" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Captcha_Text = "000000" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Captcha_BG_transparent = "0" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Email_Server = "pop.bizmail.yahoo.com" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Verification_Email_Subject = "Email Verification" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Verification_Email_FROM = "mfolorunso@xceldatatechnologies.com" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Verification_Email_CC = "" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Verification_Email_BCC = "" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Registration_Email_Subject = "Welcome to All African Heritage Website" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Registration_Email_FROM = "mfolorunso@xceldatatechnologies.com" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Registration_Email_CC = "" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Registration_Email_BCC = "" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Password_Email_Subject = "my email password" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Password_Email_FROM = "mfolorunso@yxceldatatechnologies.com" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Password_Email_CC = "" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Password_Email_BCC = "" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Admin_UserName = "my admin username" ; <-- this part worked because I am able to get into the Admin portion of the Registration Pack.
$WAGLOBAL_Admin_Password = "my admin password" ; <-- this part worked

Q1: What could be wrong? -- I think that the problem is with the WA_Globals -- Below find the details of my email server:

URL: www.xceldatatechnologies.com/ my eMail: mfolorunso@xceldatatechnologies.com

Incoming mail server [POP3] pop.bizmail.yahoo.com
Outgoing mail server [SMTP] smtp.bizmail.yahoo.com

I am able to see:
(1) my "test information" using phpMyAdmin
(2) I was also able to see the same information\enteries by loging in into the Admin portion of the Reg User Pack.

*I was struck to see that the stored password is readable, I expected it to be encrypted. This does not seem to be the case.
Q2: Shouldn't the password be encrypted???

Thanks,
Michael

michaelf0199272

Please, I need an urgent answer to the post above.

Thanks,

Michael

Eric Mittman

If you are not getting any emails sent is is probably because you are using the wrong value for your SMTP server. The server you have specified looks to be a pop server, you will need to have a regular SMTP server to connect to. You should try using your local mail server if you have one. If you are not aware of what the settings may be for this you should contact your host or admin to get you these details. The User Registration Solution Pack uses the standard PHP mail to communicate and must have access to a regular SMTP server to work.

michaelf0199272

Eric, I don't get you.

(1) is the settings indicated on my post above for the WA_Globals Correct?

(2) are you saying that the Incoming mail server [POP3] pop.bizmail.yahoo.com will not work with WA_Globals as it is in the User Reg Pack? and that

(3) the Incoming mail server should be SMTP? as in Incoming mail server [SMTP] smtp.bizmail.yahoo.com

*** Please note that my email is a paid for service as small business package from Yahoo.com and the email settings that I gave in the original post is the exact way the email server is set up to work.

I need you to be very clear on what you are saying.

I also noticed that you chose to ignore the questions that I raised earlier -- I will reapeat it here. I don't expect you to know or have all the answers, but you can not ignore questions that people post.

"*I was struck to see that the stored password is readable, I expected it to be encrypted. This does not seem to be the case.

Q2: Shouldn't the password be encrypted???"

Many thanks in advance,

Michael

michaelf0199272

Eric -- THis is what holds true. My set up of the WA_Globals works. I found this out by using my other emails (michaelf01@msn.com and mf@viewptech.com), I also had others to help "test" registered -- in all of them, verification emails were recieved and registration were verified and then completed.

*** A key observation that I made: Any time that I used the same email address as the one indicated on the WA_Globals -- I did not receive a verification notice -- this is kind of strange. What if I only have one email??? It then means I will have no way of knowing if the WA_Globals setup works.

Conclusion: For a verification email\notice to be sent, the registrants must use or have a email different from that which is used on the WA_Globals set up. This will be true for 99.9999% of all the registrants except of course I who did the set up and have just one email. Consider this issue resolved.

Back to my other question:

"*I was struck to see that the stored password is readable, I expected it to be encrypted. This does not seem to be the case.

Q2: Shouldn't the password be encrypted???"

Please I need an answer.

michaelf0199272

Affixing Picture Field to the User Registration Solution Pack

Now the Next issue -- the captcha images are not showing even on my local host both before and after I modified the users_Registration.php to include file\picture upload.

Before I made the modifications -- the preview was loading the captcha image on the localhost as "xed out" image\picture. The same way after the modification -- it also xed out. The captcha did not even showed\loaded when lauched over the internet from the remost hosting site -- you may test this aspect yourself if you want. See site link below.

www.africanheritage.info

Q1: How do I get this fixed.

Another issue is when I checked for the uploaded picture -- nothing showed up on the phpMyAdmin and the Admin portion of the User Reg Pack.

Q2: Why is the Captcha not loading both on the localhost and the remote hosting site?

Q3: Also why didn't the uploaded pictures shown on the database? The database was modified to hold maximum of 7 pictures.

Many thanks in advance,

Michael

Below please find the modified users_Registration.php

<?php
// WA_UploadResult1 Params Start
$WA_UploadResult1_Params = array();
// WA_UploadResult1_1 Start
$WA_UploadResult1_Params["WA_UploadResult1_1"] = array(
'UploadFolder' => "",
'FileName' => "[FileName]",
'DefaultFileName' => "",
'ResizeType' => "4",
'ResizeWidth' => "120",
'ResizeHeight' => "120",
'ResizeFillColor' => "#FFFFFF" );
// WA_UploadResult1_1 End
// WA_UploadResult1 Params End
?>
<?php
WA_DFP_SetupUploadStatusStruct("WA_UploadResult1");
if(isset($_POST["Register_x"])){
WA_DFP_UploadFiles("WA_UploadResult1", "upload", "2", "[NewFileName]_[Increment]", "JPG:80", $WA_UploadResult1_Params);
}
?>

I need some answer please.

Thanks,

Michael

Eric Mittman

When it comes to the CAPTCHA you should check to ensure that all of the files got uploaded to your testing server and the live server, if any files were missing it could cause it to behave this way. You will also need to check your PHP on both the local and live site to ensure that you have gd enabled. If you do please post back with the details for the gd module.

To find this info you will need to have a php info page, this is any php page that has this function in it:

php:
<?php phpinfo(); ?>

Scroll down to the modules and look for gd or gd2, it should list some details.

As for the file not being stored in the db have you updated the insert server behavior on the page to associate the uploaded file with the db? You should use the server file name binding to insert into the db. If you are not getting the file in the db then it may not be getting uploaded to the server. You can drag and drop the debug binding onto the page from the Digital File Pro bindings that are available in the bindings tab. When you submit the form next time you should see details about the uploaded file and any reasons for a failed upload.

Sorry about the password question, I skipped over that on accident. The passwords with the User Registration Solution Pack are stored in the db unencryped. If you have Security Assist you can use the encryption functionality from there. If not you should be able to use the php function for sha1. If you encrypt the password in the db then you must encrypt the user entered value for the password before it is compared to what is in the db. Also, it will not be possible for the user to have their password mailed to them if it is encrypted.

michaelf0199272

Eric -- Please find attached the gd details that comes from the hosting server. If I go on my hosting server Contro Panel--> File Manager --> Host Directory and clicked on AfricanHeritage/users_Registration.php -- all from inside the File Manager in the Control Panel -- The Captcha loads fine. Please see the loaded captcha image attached.

If I load it from the internet i.e users_Registration.php the Captcha did not load with the page.

Eric Mittman

The gd version that you have on the hosted site looks good to me. When I view the page you posted a link to it shows in my browser without issue. I'm including a screen shot of what I see when I go to this link. If it is not showing for you locally you should confirm the gd settings there to see if they are the same as your hosted server.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...