close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

My sort by seems to be carrying over to the next page I navigate to.

Thread began 5/30/2013 7:55 am by kphillips162496 | Last modified 5/30/2013 10:45 am by kphillips162496 | 1551 views | 12 replies |

kphillips162496

My sort by seems to be carrying over to the next page I navigate to.

My sort by works by a drop down, my problem is when I navigate different page (which is also a listing page pulled from the database, I am getting an error "unknown column.." The new page seems to be keeping the sort by request from the previous page instead of loading the new page clean.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

That is by design, you would not want the sort to change when paging through the results, that would make it impossible to navigate through all records.

kphillips162496

I understand that, but the issue I'm running into is they go to Commercial listings, then they go to Residential listings and if the end user has selected price per sq ft on the commercial page, once they click on the Residential page they get the sort error, because the field in Residential does not exist. Is there anything I can do to fix that?
Thank you for any help you can give me.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

ahh, that makes more sense, i had not realized it was 2 differant pages. guess i should read more carefully....

I'll need to troubleshoot directly, see the private message section.

kphillips162496

Information is on its way. Thank you again.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

im not familiar with the layout of your site.

what file does this link load?
http://dev.lakeanna-va.com/water-access-homes/

what files does this link load:
http://dev.lakeanna-va.com/waterfront-land/

i dont see matching directories in your site?

kphillips162496

Yes, it is complicated...I have it developed around a wordpress site. I have the file layouts for you in the private message.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

which pages are loaded by the residential links?

and which pages are loaded by the commercial links?

please give as much detail as possible so i can help you to correct the problem.

kphillips162496

here is the detailed information

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

When creating these pages, did you copy and paste the sort code from one page and add it to all of them?

the sort clause is stored in a session. by default, the session variables name will be:

WADA_OrderClause_<pageName>

in all of your pages, the session is being named:
WADA_OrderClause_ExploreLakeAnna_Results

this suggests that you initially added the sort behavior to a page named ExploreLakeAnna_Results.php, then copied the code and added it to each of the other pages.

On each page, edit the sort server behavior, in the session variable section, change the session name to something unique for each page.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...