close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

HTML Editor 2, image upload and other problems

Thread began 5/27/2013 3:46 pm by Lon Winters | Last modified 9/03/2013 7:26 am by Jason Byrnes | 1018 views | 3 replies |

Lon WintersBeta Tester

HTML Editor 2, image upload and other problems

Inserted, configured and tested. No problems with entering and displaying text content. Moved on to images. The tab for upload images, stated it wasn't available or not enabled, or whatever the message is.

Went back in a configured the upload folder, set write permissions. Added a SA rule which I also use for the general login page and it works. Selected that rule in the HTML Editor dialog. That box shows 'Everyone' along with the rule I created. I just select my rule, which I assume is all it takes to make the selection, since there is no other button to confirm the selection. Is that correct?

Changed the preset to Advanced Managment, and tested. Now, when I click on the image button in the edit, I don't get the tab set, just text and it's completely non functional. So apparently I messed up the style settings somewhere. I did not use any custom styling, just the default skin.

Deleted everything to start over. Just using the Default Manager preset. I wanted to also delete all the database tables and start from scratch there, but in phpMyAdmin, there is no option to drop these tables. How can I do that?

So, I'm uploading all the files now, just thought I'd post these questions while waiting.

Also, what is the different between the Default and Advanced preset?

Edited: Image upload is working and allows me to do what I need, basically just resize the image. Now I guess my one question remains, what is the different between the Default and Advanced editor presets - if I change it to Advanced, what additional features will I get? Thanks.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

The Advanced Image Editing Preset enables options in the file manager for Cropping or Rotating the images.

With the advanced preset, in the upper right hand corner of the file manager screen, there will be icons for the advanced options. Or you can right click the image in the file manager to access the advanced editing options.

Lon WintersBeta Tester

I was just going through my posts and saw that I never provided a followup to this question I asked.

I realized that for whatever reason, the Editor, or at least the version I'm using doesn't play well with Windows Safari. Went over to Chrome and all worked great! haven't tired IE or FIrefox yet, but it's not a big deal. I'm probably in a small minority who uses Safari on Windows as their default browser. And I doubt that anyone over at Apple loses any sleep over making sure the Windows version is all buttoned up.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Ok, glad to hear you have it working in Fire Fox.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...