close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Nontaxable item being taxed by paypal

Thread began 5/25/2013 6:16 am by rmleczynski311091 | Last modified 6/01/2013 12:48 pm by Jason Byrnes | 4001 views | 17 replies |

rmleczynski311091

Nontaxable item being taxed by paypal

I set up the tax rule in Powerstore 4.5 for my state. I have items that are nontaxable in Pennsylvania and some that are taxable. The tax does not show in the cart, but is added by paypal. I have the checkbox for nontaxable checked on certain items yet paypal is charging the tax for the item. I looked in the database and the nontaxable column has a 1 for these nontaxable items. Is this the correct setting and if so why is it still charging tax?

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

There must be a tax rule configured in your paypal account that is being added to the tax calculated by power store.

You will need to disable any tax rules that have been set up in your paypal account.

rmleczynski311091

There are no tax rules set up in paypal. I checked that when I saw what happened with the non taxable item.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

If the tax is not added to the cart and is only being added on the paypal side, it is a paypal site setting causing it to be added not power store. Contact Paypal support.

rmleczynski311091

There are no tax rules set up in paypal. The only tax rule was the one I set up in powerstore. No tax was showing on any items in the cart after I set up the tax rule. One of the items was taxable and the other was not. The nontaxable item was taxed when the person went to paypal to pay. I double checked to make sure that the checkbox for non taxable was ticked for the item that was taxed.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I'll need to troubleshoot directly, see the private message section.

rmleczynski311091

The details have been sent

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Originally Said By: rmleczynski311091
  The details have been sent  

rmleczynski311091

Details to follow

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

see private message.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...