close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

using my own database tables in dataassist

Thread began 5/23/2013 8:29 pm by Hitaroo | Last modified 6/03/2013 9:47 am by Hitaroo | 1747 views | 8 replies |

Hitaroo

using my own database tables in dataassist

I am have problems using my own database tables in DataAssist. Please see attached the table structure and the error message I am getting. I have been try to resolve this for a good few weeks now. I have tried using a blank table and a tables with data.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

What OS Are you using?

Have you tried disabling the preview?
Go to Webassist -> Preferences

In the preferences screen, select the Preview section, then check the Disable preview option.

also Delete the Dreamweaver Cache file from the users configuration folder:
http://www.webassist.com/community/tutorials/view_tutorial.php?tid=95

Hitaroo

Originally Said By: Jason Byrnes
  What OS Are you using?

Have you tried disabling the preview?
Go to Webassist -> Preferences

In the preferences screen, select the Preview section, then check the Disable preview option.

also Delete the Dreamweaver Cache file from the users configuration folder:
http://www.webassist.com/community/tutorials/view_tutorial.php?tid=95  

Hi Jason - I am using win 8 pro, I have disable preview, I have deleted the WinFileCache.dat file and I have re-installed DataBridge but am still have the same problems.

Is there any order in which I should be creating the page? Results page first, Details page first, Search page first...

This is now becoming a nightmare as I have spent so much time on trying to get this to work. I had first enquired about the same problems back in March (28th and 29th) Ticket #150461 and still have not been able to use DataBridge or eCart for any live projects.

I have had to complete two projects by hand for which I had brought DataBridge and eCart and have had to let down my clients as it has taken much longer to complete the projects.

This there any way of getting a refund on the two software? as they clearly do not work on my system and feel that they are very buggy and now do not have much confidence in the software. At the moment I really do feel that I have thrown the money ($599.98) down the drain.

Also now I am getting errors inserting CSS Button - this is the first time I have tried using the CSS Buttons and am getting the following two errors - Please see attached screen shots.

If there is a solution to make them work correctly please help and advice. Many thanks in advance.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Originally Said By: Hitaroo
  Hi Jason - I am using win 8 pro, I have disable preview, I have deleted the WinFileCache.dat file and I have re-installed DataBridge but am still have the same problems.

Is there any order in which I should be creating the page? Results page first, Details page first, Search page first...

This is now becoming a nightmare as I have spent so much time on trying to get this to work. I had first enquired about the same problems back in March (28th and 29th) Ticket #150461 and still have not been able to use DataBridge or eCart for any live projects.

I have had to complete two projects by hand for which I had brought DataBridge and eCart and have had to let down my clients as it has taken much longer to complete the projects.

This there any way of getting a refund on the two software? as they clearly do not work on my system and feel that they are very buggy and now do not have much confidence in the software. At the moment I really do feel that I have thrown the money ($599.98) down the drain.

Also now I am getting errors inserting CSS Button - this is the first time I have tried using the CSS Buttons and am getting the following two errors - Please see attached screen shots.

If there is a solution to make them work correctly please help and advice. Many thanks in advance.  

Hitaroo

Hi thank you for your reply. My Skype username is hitaroo. I am based in the UK and do not have US phone number.

Unfortunately I am out for most of the day Wednesday 29th but am available any time Friday 30th, look forward to your call and many thanks in advance.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

see provate message

Hitaroo

Hi Jason,I am still having problems with creating pages using DataAssist. As advised I have setup a local server and a duplicate copy of the database and am running everything locally. I have disconnected from the internet and am only running DW and all other software are closed and still Dreamweaver keeps crashing when creating pages with DataAssist, sometimes it will let me create a page or two and then crash..

I have managed to create one page at a time and saving it to the preset, opening the preset and adding another page and saving it to the preset etc.. this is very time consuming, as I have 10 to 15 tables to create insert, updated, results, delete and search pages for. This defeats the purpouse of buying DataBridge to speed up things.

Not sure what to do next.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Can you try rebooting the computer?

also, try disabling preview. Go to webassist -> Preferences, on the [preview tab, check the disable preview option.

Hitaroo

Thanks I have preview disabled since our telephone conversation last week and reboot my system several time a day and I also keep deleting the WinFileCache file as advised.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...