close ad
Install the LAtest Updates to Work with CC 2017 and CC 2018
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

"200 OK" Response from Firebug

Thread began 5/21/2013 11:09 pm by M2Media | Last modified 5/22/2013 5:36 pm by M2Media | 1408 views | 10 replies |

M2Media

"200 OK" Response from Firebug

I've been having issues with the Network Solutions MySQL server. (For further information see the thread, Did it Send?).

I had been seeing 500 and 503 errors. That translates into the NS server not responding when I run Firebug in Firefox. NS admitted that it was a known issue.

Currently when I attempt to send e-mail messages there are no error messages in Firebug. I just see a long string of things like "200 OK 210ms" However, when I stop the sending and do a refresh, the results are still stuck at 4,651.

Any clues?

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

look at the miliseconds for each one to execute. I'll bet you see one of the that took about 1 minute 30 seconds. That one would have timed out but got no response from the server, meaning really the same thing as the 500 or 503 error, but the server failed so hard it couldn't respond with an error, it just wasn't there.

M2Media

We are back to the 503 errors and yes with or without them, there's always a 90 second time out.

Here's our chat transcript:
03:43:39 PM [Dan] The MySQL server issue was resovled yesterday evening. There was temporary latency due to the provisioning of the changes and queues needing to process fully. At this time there is no longer and issue with MySQL.
03:43:49 PM [Dan] I tested your specific database, and was able to access it without issue, as well.
03:44:31 PM [Visitor] I'm seeing "Inalid JSON: MySQL server has gone away.
03:45:02 PM [Visitor] Firebug shows me: 503 Service Temporarily Unavailable
03:46:57 PM [Dan] What are you trying to access?
03:47:39 PM [Visitor] I'm running a Web Assist package and just got another 503
03:47:57 PM [Visitor] A couple days ago it worked perfectly.
03:48:48 PM [Visitor] At 6:25p Monday, it went down
03:49:00 PM [Visitor] No luck since.
03:49:09 PM [Dan] I apologize, what exactly are you attempting to access though? I can only provide support for our own services obviously, the database is working properly. I will test it with SQLyog right now if you'd like as well.
03:49:26 PM [Visitor] Thank you.
03:49:56 PM [Visitor] We have the Web Assist Power Messenger package.
03:50:41 PM [Dan] So are you attempting to access the database? I can't help you with that specific application, I can only verify everything on our end is working properly.
03:51:17 PM [Visitor] Yes. Power Messenger uses our MySQL database.
03:54:14 PM [Dan] If the database program you are using requires the SHOW_DATABASES command, it is not supported on our server (shared hosting).
03:54:30 PM [Visitor] CAn you share what you are learning with SQLyog? I'm not famiiiar with that.
03:55:00 PM [Visitor] I'll ask about SHOW_DATABASES
03:55:03 PM [Dan] SQLyog is simply a 3rd party database tool, you can download it to try I believe.
03:55:25 PM [Dan] database management I should say
03:55:27 PM [Visitor] Okay. I'll look into that.
03:55:43 PM [Visitor] Could you e-mail a transcipt of this chat: brian@m2media.com
03:55:49 PM [Dan] Certainly
03:55:56 PM [Dan] The database is working properly at this time.
03:56:05 PM [Dan] Are you able to even access it via the phpmyadmin login?
03:56:12 PM [Dan] browser
03:56:19 PM [Visitor] usually
03:56:22 PM [Dan] http://205.178.146.112
03:56:38 PM [Dan] I am not able to replicate any issues, I also tested it outside of our own network as well.

Does Power Messenger use any SHOW_DATABASES?

Thanks.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

No, Power Messenger does not use any SHOW_DATABASES commands

It uses only standard SELECT with JOINS, UPDATE, INSERT and DELETE

M2Media

So where do I go from here?

NS claims all is well. Is there anything I can say to bring about resolution?

They claim they've tested it and it works. Is there any means by which I can refute that?

Thank you.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

in previous messages with NS Solutions, they had said the 503 errors occurred as a result of bad email addresses, so if you are getting the 503 error message, you should be checking the email address that it is trying to send to.

M2Media

I ran the SQL:
SELECT pm1_users.UserID AS UserID, UserEmail, UserFirstName, UserLastName, UserCity, UserState, UserZip, UserEmailVerified, UserRegistrationDate, UserIP, UserPhone, UserFax, UserCountry, UserAddress, UserAddress2, UserGroupID, UserSubscribed, AudienceID, MailingSent FROM pm1_users INNER JOIN pm1_mailing_audience_members ON pm1_users.UserID = pm1_mailing_audience_members.UserID INNER JOIN pm1_mailings ON pm1_mailings.MailingID = pm1_mailing_audience_members.MailingID WHERE pm1_mailings.MailingID = 41 AND pm1_mailing_audience_members.MailingSent = 0 ORDER BY UserID DESC

It gives me a _____@msn.com address. Obviously msn.com is a good server.

The next one would be a gmail account.

Doesn't that negate the reason NS gives for a bad e-mail address?

Should we start dumping e-mail addresses anyway?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Well, remember, you did a reinstall, so you have set the files back to the original which did not include the order by clause or the mail recordset...

unless you edited the admin_pm/common/mailing_functions.php to add the order by clause, the recordset you are using and the recordset the pages are using is not the same.

if the admin_pm/common/mailing_functions.php recordset does not include the order by clause, you shouldn't include it when checking the emails.

M2Media

Even if we reinstalled the database? The hundreds of people who have gotten the e-mails are new. We can tell from the responses we have been getting.

How do I go about finding where offending e-mail addresses might be?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

it doesnt matter that you reinstalled the database.

what i am saying is that you reinstalled the files.

by default the query in the admin_pm/common/mailing_functions.php file does not include the ORDER BY CLAUSE

the code for the query is:

$query_AudienceMembers = sprintf('SELECT pm1_users.UserID AS UserID, UserEmail, UserFirstName, UserLastName, UserCity, UserState, UserZip, UserEmailVerified, UserRegistrationDate, UserIP, UserPhone, UserFax, UserCountry, UserAddress, UserAddress2, UserGroupID, UserSubscribed, AudienceID, MailingSent FROM pm1_users INNER JOIN pm1_mailing_audience_members ON pm1_users.UserID = pm1_mailing_audience_members.UserID INNER JOIN pm1_mailings ON pm1_mailings.MailingID = pm1_mailing_audience_members.MailingID WHERE pm1_mailings.MailingID = %s'.( ($unsentOnly)? ' AND pm1_mailing_audience_members.MailingSent = 0' : ''), GetSQLValueString($mailingID, 'int'));

so by executing your SQL:
SELECT pm1_users.UserID AS UserID, UserEmail, UserFirstName, UserLastName, UserCity, UserState, UserZip, UserEmailVerified, UserRegistrationDate, UserIP, UserPhone, UserFax, UserCountry, UserAddress, UserAddress2, UserGroupID, UserSubscribed, AudienceID, MailingSent FROM pm1_users INNER JOIN pm1_mailing_audience_members ON pm1_users.UserID = pm1_mailing_audience_members.UserID INNER JOIN pm1_mailings ON pm1_mailings.MailingID = pm1_mailing_audience_members.MailingID WHERE pm1_mailings.MailingID = 41 AND pm1_mailing_audience_members.MailingSent = 0 ORDER BY UserID DESC

using the ORDER BY Clause, you are not using the same order as is used in the admin_pm/common/mailing_functions.php

you have 2 options:
1) Edit the recordset in the admin_pm/common/mailing_functions.php file to add the order by clause
$query_AudienceMembers = sprintf('SELECT pm1_users.UserID AS UserID, UserEmail, UserFirstName, UserLastName, UserCity, UserState, UserZip, UserEmailVerified, UserRegistrationDate, UserIP, UserPhone, UserFax, UserCountry, UserAddress, UserAddress2, UserGroupID, UserSubscribed, AudienceID, MailingSent FROM pm1_users INNER JOIN pm1_mailing_audience_members ON pm1_users.UserID = pm1_mailing_audience_members.UserID INNER JOIN pm1_mailings ON pm1_mailings.MailingID = pm1_mailing_audience_members.MailingID WHERE pm1_mailings.MailingID = %s'.( ($unsentOnly)? ' AND pm1_mailing_audience_members.MailingSent = 0 ORDER BY UserID DESC' : ''), GetSQLValueString($mailingID, 'int'));

or 2) Dont use the order by clause in your query:
SELECT pm1_users.UserID AS UserID, UserEmail, UserFirstName, UserLastName, UserCity, UserState, UserZip, UserEmailVerified, UserRegistrationDate, UserIP, UserPhone, UserFax, UserCountry, UserAddress, UserAddress2, UserGroupID, UserSubscribed, AudienceID, MailingSent FROM pm1_users INNER JOIN pm1_mailing_audience_members ON pm1_users.UserID = pm1_mailing_audience_members.UserID INNER JOIN pm1_mailings ON pm1_mailings.MailingID = pm1_mailing_audience_members.MailingID WHERE pm1_mailings.MailingID = 41 AND pm1_mailing_audience_members.MailingSent = 0

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...